Laptops The Spankin' New HP TX1000 Series

Satan

Adept
Didn't see anybody mention this on here.

It's been in the market for a lil over a week. The specs are fantastic. They've crammed in as much as possible and more.... and the best part... extremely affordable as a business laptop / tablet.

It features a Finger print reader, Lightscribe DVD Writer, Bluetooth, 2 x IR Ports, Built-in Mic and 1.3MP Cam, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HDD, Nvidia Go 6150 and Vista Home Premium... and that's just the base model!!! The best part is it comes with a swivel 12.1" Touch Sensitive Wide Screen and looks great... All this for 61k including taxes.

Dunno about you guys, but I think it's really worth it.

The HP TX1000 Series

Review: HP tx1000 Convertible Notebook Review

Company Website: http://h50188.www5.hp.com/Store/default.asp?href=storeModelDetail.asp?modelid=6686&familyid=1239

i personally think the xps 1210 is still better if you're going in for a 12" laptop. biometrics, webcam, the swiveling screen etc are just novelties...

There are 2 models available. The 1003au is 59990 without tax and the 1016AU 75k without tax. My dealer is offering it to me for 61k.

Its right there on the website.

Looks good, but sadly, it's a Turion X2.....

The M1210 at arnd the same weight and dimensions provides a much more powerful alternative

There are 2 models available. The 1003au is 59990 without tax and the 1016AU 75k without tax. My dealer is offering it to me for 61k.

14K discount :O

thats a sweet discount..at 61K, the 1016 indeed looksgood what with the 2 GB of RAM

@czar... hehe... I think I didn't say it right.

1003au is 60k without tax. around 2.5 k tax would bring it upto 62.5k. My dealer agreed to give it to me at 61k.

Hope that sets the record straight :)

Regarding the performance... at the end of the day it all depends on usage. This would primarily be a business laptop and as such I don't really see the need for extreme graphics and powerful processing. I still use my laptop for work... which is mainly presentations, documents, internet and movies while travelling. It's perfect for that and even for some basic gaming. I like my hardware beautiful and this definitely fits the bill which is more than I can say for the Dells.

your dealer is taking you for a ride....Any self respecting dealer in Ritchie St. Chennai would give you a discount over the 59990/- and not 59990 + Tax - discount :bleh:

Actually, if you like your hardware beautiful, you could also look at the Vaio C series which comes for ~60 K with a 13.3" screen and a T5500 proccy with GMA950

On a side note, th XPS 1210 is also quite elegant looking unlike the rather boxy looking Insprions which give Dell styling a bad name

haha... yes that is true. well yeah he just said my final landing price would be 61k. I was just putting it in perspective for everbody here without having to rack my brains with math :p

I'm aware of the sony's, but somehow I like these new imprint finish HPs. Just a matter of taste and choice I guess.

looks good indeed...

And seems like HP India is also following the footsteps of Dell

I just tried confguring the 60K tx1000 on HP US and it comes to $1550 before taxes & shipping which would amount to close to $50-100

Yeah, I was quite surprised as well. I thought I'd get somebody from the states to bring it down thinking that they might actually have Core 2 options. When I tried configuring the same 60k model, turns out it's more expensive there than it is here if you go by conversion of a $ @ Rs. 45.

I think for the first time I've actually seen something tech related cheaper here than it would be in the states.

I'm getting the 1003AU in 2 days. I'm curious though; as mentioned above, my usage is limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Movies and occasional basic gaming. Would the 1GB ram that comes with it be enough for all that given, VIita's rather high memory usage? I intend to use Aero Glass. So is this ok or is it going to be horribly slow?

Yeah that's true. Apparetly at best using the 4 cell battery it can do about 2.5 hours. I'm gonna be getting the 6 cell with it as well so shouldn't be too big a problem.

Chaos said:
Turion = Poor battery life. Get the Dell XPS M1210.

The battery issue has been fixed long ago and the performance of the Turion is only about 10% worse than the Core 2 Duo in most cases at the same clocks. I would still love to see this HP laptop in the 50-55k.

Raghu.

^^Considering the fact that the older core duo was ~5% faster than X2 clock to clock and that c2d is around 15-20% faster than core duo at same clocks, the performance difference between c2d and x2 is a lot more than 10% at identical clocks.

Back