The Spooky Experiences thread

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Hey Guys,

I have heard of many people having some spooky experiences in their lives. This thread is dedicated to all such experiences either felt by a member, their close ones or heard of.

I'll share one that i had. Some years ago, during my graduation days, we (me and my friends) loved playing Garba and Dandiya, for obvious reasons.;) So we used to play at several places in a night as we wanted to explore all the Dandiya Mandals. Few years ago, these programs used to be played till late night ~2am or sometimes even more. I stay at Navi Mumbai and so we decided to visit this Gujarati Mandal that had some authentic music and this decision was taken while playing till 1am at another Mandal. There were 2 ways of reaching there: One was the crowded city road and then there was a deserted road which was a shortcut from one of the highways leading to Old Panvel. Now this shortcut runs down the main highway, through a dirt filled road into a tunnel and another left turn after the tunnel into the city.
We were excited and were riding a bit faster than usual. We entered the dirt filled road. It was pitch darkness, no street lights, no cars, deserted road and only my bike with a friend as pillion. The headlight throw was decent enough. We barely crossed the dirt filled road and entered the tunnel. The tunnel is not more than 30ft in length, but weirdly even at a good speed we felt like we were in the tunnel for quite a long period of time. Our smiley faces started showing signs of concerns and just to ease the air, we were cracking jokes that may be the tunnel has been extended directly till Pune.
We then started worrying as the tunnel seemed it wont end, and i switched from the dipper to High beam just to find a thick mist of cloud right in front of us. (Even while writing this i am having goosebumps). We passed through it. It felt chilly as if we entered subzero temperatures. It passed soon though, and all of a sudden I had to hit the brakes real hard coz it was dead end bang in front of us. We almost slipped and the front tyre did head-butt the rocks ahead. We did not even look back, just turned the bike and almost wheelied our way out in the city.
No, we were not drunk and it was felt by both of us. This incident is one of the spookiest I have encountered.
Spoke with localites and they warned us never to use the road. There are several mystery deaths in the said area.
The tunnel is no more, thanks to the newer bridges and development. But that place gives me a chill whenever i cross it.

Let us share some of our experiences. Would love to hear some.

- Pratik

This happened when I was 8 or 9 yo. Our neighbours back then had a pet cat and they fed it payasam(kichdi?). Anyway, after a few minutes the cat goes out into the front yard and pukes it all out and I remember thinking that watching a cat puke is pretty disgusting. Then after a couple of minutes a stray cat came along and ate all the puke.

This happened a few months back this year. I was having a dream where I was standing near a road somewhere in broad daylight. I had a twenty rupee note in my hand and I was looking at. Suddenly something wearing a black dress came flying and from it white hand grabbed the note and disappeared. The dress hit my ear with a slap and I woke up and saw my hand in that note catching position. I was awake for an hour or so after that and kept waking up to the smallest noise. Got just two to three hours sleep that night.

This happened a few months back this year. I was having a dream where I was standing near a road somewhere in broad daylight. I had a twenty rupee note in my hand and I was looking at. Suddenly something wearing a black dress came flying and from it white hand grabbed the note and disappeared. The dress hit my ear with a slap and I woke up and saw my hand in that note catching position. I was awake for an hour or so after that and kept waking up to the smallest noise. Got just two to three hours sleep that night.
Woah. That is scary. Suddenly waking from a spooky dream and trying to sleep is always a nightmare on its own.[DOUBLEPOST=1405953775][/DOUBLEPOST]
This happened when I was 8 or 9 yo. Our neighbours back then had a pet cat and they fed it payasam(kichdi?). Anyway, after a few minutes the cat goes out into the front yard and pukes it all out and I remember thinking that watching a cat puke is pretty disgusting. Then after a couple of minutes a stray cat came along and ate all the puke.
Dude. That's yuk! But seriously payasam to a cat. Wow. Was the cat South Indian? :D

Speaking of dreams, about a couple of months ago, I had a dream, (and I don't remember most of it), but it was someone putting a cordless drill into my ear. I'm kidding you not, but I woke up with a jerk and a literal stinging pain in my ear. Luckily I was too drunk to make much of it and quickly fell asleep.

Not sure how to describe it but I see masses of energy , sometimes black and sometimes white in the form of figures.
Dunno if they are spirits but they disappear fast once I see them or they realize that I have seen them :confused:

3 instances are still clear in my mind

1. Once I came out of the building lift, on my left I see this white bright figure which quickly dissapears into the door of my neighbor. One of the family members of the neighbor had passed away a week back
2. Once i got up suddenly in the middle of the night and I see a dark black shadow the height of a child standing next to my TV and it immediately disappeared into the back of the TV.
3. Once , I and the wife were returning for a late night movie, and as we were close to the entrance on my block , we had to pass a garden. On a bench I see a white figure sitting and just looking at us. I didnt react knowing I will scare my wife. When I turned around, the figure wasnt there.

In all 3 cases , I had no alcohol and wasnt under stress or any trouble.

:eek:

Not sure how to describe it but I see masses of energy , sometimes black and sometimes white in the form of figures.
Dunno if they are spirits but they disappear fast once I see them or they realize that I have seen them :confused:

You got that sixth sense bro. :p "I see dead People"

Did you try to find out if it was real or just an imagination?

Speaking of dreams, about a couple of months ago, I had a dream, (and I don't remember most of it), but it was someone putting a cordless drill into my ear. I'm kidding you not, but I woke up with a jerk and a literal stinging pain in my ear. Luckily I was too drunk to make much of it and quickly fell asleep.
Was the pain still there when you were sober?

Don't really know about drinks, but have heard that some drugs can create hallucinations beyond imagination! Though your experience is spooky enough. Thank goodness you were drunk enough. ;)

I've seen some shadows the size of cockroaches or mouse running around on the ground in my home too. In all the instances I caught the movement from the corner of my eyes. Sometimes I see these tiny shadows run and disappear even when there's no light source opposite of the shadow. Totally interesting to me. I've tried searching in and around those spots with lights and never found anything. I sometimes thought my mind was playing tricks.
Glad I'm not the only one who can see these things.

If we could see such things clearly like we see people…

I read an article that talked about these shapes we see. It talked about a guy working in an industrial plant and he kept noticing shapes out of the corner of his eye when he was working. But he also noted that the shapes were visible only when a particular machine was turned on. On further investigation, it was found that the machine was emitting a high frequency sound (above 20 KHz).

According to the article, high frequency sounds (and maybe low frequency too), which are undetectable by the ear end up disturbing the fluid in your eyes (the viterous humour), causing you to imagine that you saw something, even when nothing is there. So that may partially explain the spooky stuff you think you see.

In my 30 years of existence I have never experience any 'un-natural' or spooky incident. Just a small one, which defies common sense.

It was in 1998, when my grandfather died. When somebody in the family dies, it's a customary to have raw-food/uncooked/fruit-diet during the day time and oil/onion/garlic -less food for dinner for the entire family for around 10 days. In the evening the oil/oinion/garlic -less food is prepared and first it's offered to the deceased, at some place outside the house. Though none of us stays or watch, we assume some stray dog eats the food. In the morning the place is cleaned up.
Normally my mother used to cook the evening food. But one particular evening, I don't remember exactly who, but it was somebody else who cooked the food (may be my sister or some aunt), and she put something which my grandpa didn't used to eat when he was alive.
What defies common sense is, that night none of stray dogs touched the food. It wasn't something that dogs do not eat that kind of food.

... It passed soon though, and all of a sudden I had to hit the brakes real hard coz it was dead end bang in front of us. We almost slipped and the front tyre did head-butt the rocks ahead. We did not even look back, just turned the bike and almost wheelied our way out in the city.
i didn't get it... what was so spooky? the unexpected dead-end? the haze (may be the tunnel just collapsed :wacky:)?
Then after a couple of minutes a stray cat came along and ate all the puke.
animals eat each others' vomit/excreta all the time :D... particularly the ones which don't have gut bacteria.
Sometimes I see these tiny shadows run and disappear even when there's no light source opposite of the shadow. Totally interesting to me. I've tried searching in and around those spots with lights and never found anything.
those are "eye floaters"... nothing spooky but very annoying :p

i didn't get it... what was so spooky? the unexpected dead-end? the haze (may be the tunnel just collapsed :wacky:)?
Well, the tunnel is so short that you can walk through it in less than 30 seconds. We were in it for a long time being at a certain speed on my bike. And what was spooky was the chilling cloud/mist that appeared out of nowhere! Passed through it and we could not even make out that we had crossed the road and were in front of the rock that was across the road.

those are "eye floaters"... nothing spooky but very annoying :p
Eye floaters don't run diagonally across the floor nor do they create shadows the size of a mouse.
Suppose I'm seeing floaters. Then how am I only seeing the shadow but not the actual thing creating the shadow? Ex. If you see a chair, you can see it plus its shadow. Here I'm not able to see that thing casting the shadow.

I've seen some shadows the size of cockroaches or mouse running around on the ground in my home too. In all the instances I caught the movement from the corner of my eyes. Sometimes I see these tiny shadows run and disappear even when there's no light source opposite of the shadow. Totally interesting to me. I've tried searching in and around those spots with lights and never found anything. I sometimes thought my mind was playing tricks.
Glad I'm not the only one who can see these things.

If we could see such things clearly like we see people…

Are you color blind?

It happened with me when we replaced the flooring with white tiles. After a few days I noticed it were the lizards. Probably they lost the sense of direction or something as the walls and floor both were white and the lizards were running on the floor!! They stopped that after a few days however.

just saw this thread! was it created taking cue from a similar thread present on another forum? ;)

anyway...

1. Once I came out of the building lift, on my left I see this white bright figure which quickly dissapears into the door of my neighbor. One of the family members of the neighbor had passed away a week back
2. Once i got up suddenly in the middle of the night and I see a dark black shadow the height of a child standing next to my TV and it immediately disappeared into the back of the TV.
3. Once , I and the wife were returning for a late night movie, and as we were close to the entrance on my block , we had to pass a garden. On a bench I see a white figure sitting and just looking at us. I didnt react knowing I will scare my wife. When I turned around, the figure wasnt there.

you aren't alone in experiencing this; you must've known this by now.

Last edited:
I read an article that talked about these shapes we see. It talked about a guy working in an industrial plant and he kept noticing shapes out of the corner of his eye when he was working. But he also noted that the shapes were visible only when a particular machine was turned on. On further investigation, it was found that the machine was emitting a high frequency sound (above 20 KHz).

According to the article, high frequency sounds (and maybe low frequency too), which are undetectable by the ear end up disturbing the fluid in your eyes (the viterous humour), causing you to imagine that you saw something, even when nothing is there. So that may partially explain the spooky stuff you think you see.

i suppose you're hinting at infrasound (but this is a low-freq sound, that's thought to induce visual-aberrations sometimes)?

Well, the tunnel is so short that you can walk through it in less than 30 seconds. We were in it for a long time being at a certain speed on my bike. And what was spooky was the chilling cloud/mist that appeared out of nowhere! Passed through it and we could not even make out that we had crossed the road and were in front of the rock that was across the road.

am getting a feeling that the mist was not the natural one, moreover, you felt chilly while passing through it, hints at something else, the 'other' form of mist (very different from the normal one - thick, sort of grainy, can be shapely at times, extremely chilly and at times oppressive to feel as compared to its non-mist laden surrounding, very localised, and, best of all, can display a sudden and seemingly intelligent movement!).
there must be umpteen such other incidences of seemingly never-ending roads encountered by others in our city/state/country too, but the first and foremost one that i could recall from your incident is of the Lawler Ford road (or, the 'zombie road') in the US, a hotbed of supernormal activity. there, many travellers have reported of a similar experience. moreover, what @puns has seen, is a regular occurrence there, on the road, in the surrounding forests, and in the nearby dilapidated buildings ('rest cottages' built there earlier in the era). for eg, this:

hShvQ2tl.jpg

(shadow-entity, that materialised in front of one of the members of an investigative group, one of the many that keep visiting the area; it dematerialised quickly on being noticed, but not before giving a good 'pose'!).

Last edited:
Back