The Street Fighter IV Thread

vercetti

Skilled
Guys,
I just love this game:) Have always been a SF fan....
my best game in the series was Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha. Played it in my PS1 2 yrs non stop (1998-1999)...

Lets discuss the below:hap2:
  • Xbox 360 controller <How good is it>
  • The new Arcade stick controller for SF4 for PC, xbox and PS3 (costs a whopping 10k in India)
  • Key mapping for your keyboard, xbox 360 controller
  • Best characters
  • Your personal best moves

I know there are not many SF fans in TE:(..... but still wanted to give it a try here

* Xbox 360 controller <How good is it> - TERRIBLE

* The new Arcade stick controller for SF4 for PC, xbox and PS3 (costs a whopping 10k in India) - best stick you can currently get but it's twice the price on local ebay. better to get it from playasia

* Key mapping for your keyboard, xbox 360 controller - I use WASD, UIOJKL

* Best characters - Going by tier lists, Sagat, Ryu but then Justin Wong wins major tourneys with Fei Long who was considered one of the worst characters. truth is, you can win with anyone as long as you have skill.

* Your personal best moves - dunno what this means.

best characters : sagat , bison , ryu , ken , fei long .........

best moves : {ryu} HP -> dragon punch -> supercombo ; focus attack -> ultra

{bison} scissor kick -> supercombo

ashr said:
* Best characters - Going by tier lists, Sagat, Ryu but then Justin Wong wins major tourneys with Fei Long.....

* Your personal best moves - dunno what this means.

I have seen people play with Dhalsin also...pretty cool...the world finals(i guess it was not the finals but I consider it as the best match ever) was b/n Diago and Some guy playing with Dhalsin....Daigowas down 3-2 and the 6th game he was almost down to 30% health....but came back to win thge game and the next...all games with just too close...The Guy(Diago) is a god:)

Are u planning on Buying the Stick???:eek:hyeah:

iml3g3nd said:
best moves : {ryu} HP -> dragon punch -> supercombo ; focus attack -> ultra

Mate...Can u pull the above move off?

I am still trying to get used to the controls in the x360 controller...

The moves I would like to master in Ryu character:

FA-->DC-->Solar Plexis-->Low SRK-->FADC-->Ultra

Low-SRK-->FADC-->Ultra

But I am just unable to do a FADC in my x360 controller using the sticks and i don't wanna use the pad:(

Then what do u reckon I get (range 2k for a keyboard)?
Pls don't ask me to use the dabba keyboard I am using now:( BTW: i have a dell normal keyborad but I am not sure if I can use it for SF4:(

If ppl are ready then I don't mind starting a GO for the SF4 arcade stick:eek:hyeah:
ashr said:
^get rid of the pad. seriously. the 360 pad is horrible for street fighter.

Guys, I always have trouble handling

the bison's kick(where he flies in the air and jumps from top... directly on my head)...how to punish this?

Blanka's Ex-rolls and normal rolls...i block it but unable to hit him aftre this as he lands far off after i block the move:(

^neutral j.mk beats bison's headstomp iirc.

blanka is kinda hard for ryu. build super meter and save it. the moment you block a roll, you can hit him clean before he lands.

thnx ashr...

I always loose out to guys with bison, blanka and the sumo wrestler...all with the same moves:(...just hate this

ashr said:
^neutral j.mk beats bison's headstomp iirc.

blanka is kinda hard for ryu. build super meter and save it. the moment you block a roll, you can hit him clean before he lands.

Back