The TE Essential Freeware Thread !

Here's a list of some free utilities:

1. HJ Split
It is a small file splitting utility. But has great speed in splitting files.
http://www.treepad.net/download/hjsplit.zip

2. Free World Cup e-Book

Free World Cup e-Book (and database) containing all pertinent info, data & statistics for the 2006 World Cup. Over 250 pages

The 18th World Cup - 2006

3. Dictionaries:

a)All free dictionary project : All Free Dictionaries project

b)Allwords.com Online Dictionary, Language Guide, Foreign Language and Etymology

c)Cambridge dictionaries Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Cambridge University Press

d)Online Etymology Dictionary
Online Etymology Dictionary

e) Online dictionaries for a multitude of languages
Foreignword.com - The Language Site: Online dictionaries & free translation tools

f)Your dictionary.com English -> French
English -> Spanish
English -> German
English -> Italian
English -> Portuguese
French -> English
Spanish -> English
German -> English
Italian -> English
Portuguese -> English

Also: Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, courses, glossaries, abbreviations, grammar guides, etc.
Dictionary & Thesaurus - YourDictionary

4. Free radio channels from around the world
a) BBC radio BBC - Radio Homepage |

b)Over a hunderd online classical radiostations with live streaming music.
Classical Live Online Radio Webcast - Classical Internet Music.

c)Non-stop "rythm and dance" Internet radio station.
NonStopPlay.com - Online Dance Internet Radio Station - Non-Stop Rhythm & Dance

d)Free pop and rock music channels.
Webradio, online radio: RADIO FORZA

e)Large directory of audio broadcasts (in Real Player format) ordered by music genre.

Real Radio Guide - Online Radio Directory

Sorry for bumping a really old thread, but thought this was interesting.

FlashMute is a tool which allows you to mute/unmute Flash Movies loaded in a browser exclusively, or alternatively all sounds produced by the browser.

Supported browsers

* Internet Explorer

* Netscape

* Firefox

* Mozilla

* Opera

Really useful for people who want to mute all sounds from their browser.

Indev

Alright guys this threads need MAJOR updates. If someone is willing to volunteer for doing the same please pm me asap. The thread has to be in the same format as the current one covering all categories stated in the thread. Add any more categories if you wish so. The thread will be stickied once approved. Members interested in doing so may contact me via PM. This will be mostly on first come basis. Thanks. :)

Here's some free stuff that I recommend:

Firewall:
Comodo Firewall - part of the Comodo Internet Security MSI. During installation, deselect the AV bit to install the firewall only. Matousec has rated it as the best free firewall and the 2nd best overall firewall right now.
Online Armor Free edition - free edition of THE best firewall in the world. The free version misses out on keylogger detection, hotkey support and advanced HIPS support and that keeps it as the 2nd best free firewall after Comodo.

Antispyware:
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware: Brilliant piece of software. Bugs have begun creeping in lately. However, the support forums are top rate.

Others:
MD5summer - check the integrity of files and ISOs. Very useful.
HHD Hex Editor Neo - great hex editing program. Better that all paid software.
@BladeRunner:
I wouldn't mind helping out. Lemme know if you need support.

gforce said:
Here's some free stuff that I recommend:

Antispyware:
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware: Brilliant piece of software. Bugs have begun creeping in lately. However, the support forums are top rate.

Sadly the freeware version is a offline scanner and can't catch spyware as it comes in.

I have started to use Drive Image XML. It is free and serves my purpose. Very tiny as compared to Norton Ghost for which I was looking for an alternative.
Now that Seagate is giving away DiscWizard (Acronis True Image) for free, I have a question.
I have two drives in my system; a 320GB Seagate that has my system on it and a 500 GB WD which is currently a backup drive. DiscWizard requires that at least one drive in the system must be a Seagate. Suppose I take a image of my OS and later want to restore it on the WD with the Seagate absent (say the drive has gone bad). Will DiscWizard work to allow restore to a WD without a Seagate present?

Here's a freeware I use and like:

SyncBack

While I use Drive Image to back up my system image whenever I install something new, I use SyncBack to regularly back up data folders on which each member of my family works.

Back