The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Have been following the thing. After the "The return of the White Wolf" was trashed, this is the only hope. I hope they don't do like this again with this one.

Guys, I have just started playing this game, am not sure why there is not much discussion about this game, considering the date it was released and the cut scenes, the graphics and game-play- I would say it was well ahead of its time, found it quite interesting so far.

Calling all Witcher fans, and critics.

Hmm, I don't recall the game being too buggy.

For me though, one of the greatest RPGs ever. Great questing structure with real choices and consequences. Great characters without the game falling into "the one true messiah" trope (Looking at you DA:I). Great music. The combat itself could have been just passable but was elevated due to the various quests and preparations needed for a big fight.

I took to this first, then went to Witcher and then started this again after importing saves

Amazing experience. Reserved the 2nd path in lead up to W3 :D

Hmm, I don't recall the game being too buggy.

For me though, one of the greatest RPGs ever. Great questing structure with real choices and consequences. Great characters without the game falling into "the one true messiah" trope (Looking at you DA:I). Great music. The combat itself could have been just passable but was elevated due to the various quests and preparations needed for a big fight.

Not sure, the camera gets messed up at time, sometimes while opening doors etc. Not a big deal, just saying.

I took to this first, then went to Witcher and then started this again after importing saves

Amazing experience. Reserved the 2nd path in lead up to W3 :D

Same here sire, this is my firs of the series, thoroughly entertaining.

At crossroads gentlemen, any suggestions?

At crossroads gentlemen, any suggestions?

The game takes separate path from here. The two paths will have some different quests, some different revelations and a different ending. If you want to go for another playthrough, take Roche's path, otherwise take Iorveth's path.

Wrong thread to bump up matey. This is the actual thread which had the most activity (in it's time):

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...-assassins-of-kings-discussion-thread.112336/
Thanks, will take further discussions there, not sure why we have 2 threads running though.
The game takes separate path from here. The two paths will have some different quests, some different revelations and a different ending. If you want to go for another playthrough, take Roche's path, otherwise take Iorveth's path.
Thanks mate, chosen Roche for now, let's see how it goes.

Thanks, will take further discussions there, not sure why we have 2 threads running though.

Back then I don't think there was an "official" thread kind of trend. So just random news threads would turn into your normal discussion threads. I more or less just Google for the most active thread and fire away.

Anyhoo, Iorveth's path was possibly the best one for me at least. I went with Roche on my first playthrough. It's amazing how dramatically different both paths are and how the chain of events occur. Hope you have a back-up of the decision point. It's definitely worth exploring both sides of the story.

Back then I don't think there was an "official" thread kind of trend. So just random news threads would turn into your normal discussion threads. I more or less just Google for the most active thread and fire away.

Anyhoo, Iorveth's path was possibly the best one for me at least. I went with Roche on my first playthrough. It's amazing how dramatically different both paths are and how the chain of events occur. Hope you have a back-up of the decision point. It's definitely worth exploring both sides of the story.

Thanks mate, did try searching for the latest thread using TE's search.

I have chosen Roche's path for now, every where I read people are suggesting Iorveth, maybe the next play through, but this game is really involving. The quests get extended, but its fun.

Fellow Witchers, how many of you were able to respond to the Dunn banner quiz without help? I played the game after a week long break, and there is simply too much information to be processed, I feel bad not being able to recall the right responses. Also, in easy mode isnt the game too easy?

I had to look that up in the internet. Yes it's easy, especially with the Combat Rebalanced mod. But I tried playing it when it first came out and it was hard to perfectly parry and dodge. Thankfully the story is interesting enough to offset the easy gameplay.

I had to look that up in the internet. Yes it's easy, especially with the Combat Rebalanced mod. But I tried playing it when it first came out and it was hard to perfectly parry and dodge. Thankfully the story is interesting enough to offset the easy gameplay.

Good, yea I love the story line, like I said I feel to invested in it and feel bad when I have to look for answers on the net.

Back