The world's fastest processor - arun_rulezzz does it again!

thanks for the congratulations everyone and also for the advice : )

you know, i don't mind the ot's at all this time because i'm confused so don't be sorry for them. i'm seriously considering the fact that i can sell my mobo+cpu+ram because this processor is too expensive for anybody like me to buy and that's very very understandable. this processor is still up for sale though for a couple of weeks just in case there's some special someone out there who might want to purchase this and the motherboard but if that doesn't happen i think i'll keep it because i'm going to have to upgrade sooner or later and once i sell this there's no chance in hell i can ever see it again when i want an upgrade. and i'll need one later on that's for sure. so yeah, i'm not ignoring any advice from the likes of pharoah or quad master and thank you for posting here.

one question though (i'm ot'ing my own sale now). the dx58so is an ati crossfire motherboard, will i be able to use my 9800gtx on it ? what happens if i want to go nvidia-sli someday ?

thank you all for your responses.

processor and motherboard still up for sale for a few weeks. you could save alot if you want to buy it now!

OMG sorry for another OT, but damn this thread deserves it! what the hell is this thread doing here? it should be in the showoff section!
congrats man!

:drool2:

OT continues... Arun I did ask you to put this one first in Show off :p

I really want a retail 965 but I dont think I will get it anytime soon. I rather get my hands onone more 295 :p

Congrats on win and good luck with sales Champ!

^ Aren't the X58 series capable of running both CrossFire and SLI? I thought Intel had sorted this out with Nvidia.

Congrats arun, that is seriously drool-worthy stuff..

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Will the mods please clear the O/T posts here. :)
Thread has turned into show-off/product discussion/... :hap5:

Let go this one. This's one-of-a-kind. A show-off cum sale!! :cool2:

@Maestro: the X58 chipset supports both CF/SLI and some motherboards do have it but not all. :)\

@Eddy: Thank u for changing the name of the thread. :D

finally, since its now in showoff....congrats for the win....

I wont suggest you to use the processor since on Air, the i920 and the 965 doesnt differ much in the final clocks possible. As Justin suggested, check with some local dealer or something who can maybe trade the 965 with a 920 and maybe top of the line graphic card and DDR3 ram. 965 is only worthy for benchers etc and not gamers....

lol, you guys made this into a different thread altogether!

thanks for all the congratulations everyone : )

i messaged funky aka shripad (guess its the other way around now) about what i should be doing because he's the only one i know who's got his hands on the same combo. my processor and motherboard are still factory sealed and lying on my table because im still that confused.

here's the email i made to funky a few days ago but he must be busy right now so i haven't got a reply -
hey funky,
i read an article on TE regarding you getting your hands on and i7-965 XE and the DX58 smackover and i was wondering if you could guide me a little about the differences in performance i can expect if i upgrade my computer to a config with the said processor and motherboard.

i'm sorry if i'm troubling you this way and you can take your own time to reply to this message whenever you like without giving it any priority because i know you're a busy guy.

i received the i7-965 and the dx58so as a prize for winning an intel tournament and they're mine for keeps. i've already put them up for sale in the TE market section and popular advice has told me to keep this config and sell off my previous config so i'll be future proof. obviously this will be very tough for me to consider because i haven't come in contact with anyone who has got their hands on the processor and mobo combo so that's why i'm here.

my current config is -
zebronics 19" lcd (1280x1024 max)
e8400 @ 3.5ghz
abit ip35e
gskill 2 gb hk x 2
9800 gtx 512mb

now, hypothetically, if i sell this config off and buy 3 gb of ddr3 ram and use the 965XE and DX58so and my 9800gtx, what kind of a performance difference are we talking about here without a graphics card upgrade, and is it worth giving up the sale of a processor that costs around 50,000 rupees ?
to cut a long message short, here's a summary of the doubts i have -

1. if i upgrade my current config to the i7-965 and dx58so, am i looking at a very high performance improvement in gaming considering that i'm sticking with my 9800gtx ?
2. is the performance enhancement worth giving up the chance of selling this processor for 50,000 rupees ?
3. what would you do if you were in my place ?
4. if i do use this processor for awhile (say 6 months to a year) and want to sell it (for need of money, maybe) do you think it'll have good resale value ?

thank you so much for your time funky, i'm hoping i can use your guidance and opinion to make the right decision.

take care !

i've also going to take justin and thebaniks suggestions on the selling to dealer part, or maybe a trade. but my major confusion comes from the topics discussed in the quoted text and probably getting answers to those questions will help alot.

If i were you and money wasnt criteria atm.. i'd surely sell off my current rig and add 4gb DDR3 RAM and make it completely future proof.. rather wouldnt think of selling it for a long time..

Yes there will be a major increment in performance as these are Quads and u are on Core 2. Again some games will just run fast or mebbe @ same speeds if they are not fully optimized for multithread or so. Yet the next gen games which are releasing this year like Alan Awake and such types would be flawless on these.. I guess you've got these as a gift better use it and make it future proof..Just keep on upgrading the GFX card later on ;).. You wont have to add more juice for your other requirements and needs..

Yes if MONEY is NEEDED rite now.. THEN Surely you are doing a good thign by selling it... anyways as you've mentioned you keep on winning gifts in gaming tourneys... :)
arun_rulezzz said:
lol, you guys made this into a different thread altogether!

thanks for all the congratulations everyone : )

i messaged funky aka shripad (guess its the other way around now) about what i should be doing because he's the only one i know who's got his hands on the same combo. my processor and motherboard are still factory sealed and lying on my table because im still that confused.

here's the email i made to funky a few days ago but he must be busy right now so i haven't got a reply -
i've also going to take justin and thebaniks suggestions on the selling to dealer part, or maybe a trade. but my major confusion comes from the topics discussed in the quoted text and probably getting answers to those questions will help alot.

1. if i upgrade my current config to the i7-965 and dx58so, am i looking at a very high performance improvement in gaming considering that i'm sticking with my 9800gtx ?
2. is the performance enhancement worth giving up the chance of selling this processor for 50,000 rupees ?
3. what would you do if you were in my place ?
4. if i do use this processor for awhile (say 6 months to a year) and want to sell it (for need of money, maybe) do you think it'll have good resale value ?

1) No you wont see a huge leap but only a few FPS and as I said before on air overclocking even i920 wud reach the same level as the i965, so deliver same performance, hence the suggestion to trade with i920 and a high end graphic card maybe.
2) Though certainly the enhancement is not worth giving up the chance of selling it for 50k but the point being no1 is gonna buy it from you for 50k, I dont have any money hence wont be buying, but otherwise if its just a matter of 1k ppl would certainly buy it from their fav dealer. You should try your luck by giving a pretty good discount. I would rather improve my relation with my dealer/distributor for the 1k or so benefit that one would get from your sale.
3) I would be wrong person to answer the question since I would have used the combo for benching, :)
4) Very very very few buyers of high end proccies. I am still trying to sell my QX9650 for the last 3-4 months or so at almost half the price of a new one. Thats why I suggest selling/trading from a vendor or something.

thebanik said:
2) Though certainly the enhancement is not worth giving up the chance of selling it for 50k but the point being no1 is gonna buy it from you for 50k, I dont have any money hence wont be buying, but otherwise if its just a matter of 1k ppl would certainly buy it from their fav dealer. You should try your luck by giving a pretty good discount. I would rather improve my relation with my dealer/distributor for the 1k or so benefit that one would get from your sale.
i'm sorry i thought this processor was available for 55 k in india which is why i priced it at 50k so people would buy it from me. if you know which dealer quotes a lesser price than 55k, give me their number and i'll give them a call to confirm the quoted price and i'll reduce the price of my processor for sure, like 100%. i'm not trying to cut it really close to the original cost, which i why i though i'd given a 5k discount on the proccy. so whenever you're ready with the real price, let me know and the market thread price comes down automatically after confirmation : )

Back