PC Peripherals Thermalright Ultra & the broken Graphics card

dOm1naTOr said:
carbon fibre

Wow! That's impressive. Never seen carbon fibre making it to backplates! Could you point me to a link which says that AMD backplates are made of carbon fibre?

dOm1naTOr said:
the pics doesnt show any AMD backplate bundled.

Moreover the Asus AMD backplate is sturdy enough [sturdy than the thermalright bundled backplate for Intel]. I myself is was using the Asus metal AMD backplate on my biostar board, which came with a carbon fibre + plastic [with metal beedings] type of backplate, which i didnt trust as much the Asus metal one.

Surelly, the problem is improper tightening. As the backplate is sturdy enuf, u need to tighten the screws really well, orelse it ll snap out due to the pressure.

They have provided proper brackets and mounting hardware. See this. As D.G.Man said, it was improper tightening.

mav2000 said:
I have not seen a carbon fibre backplate...it could just be the top layer sticker if u ask me.

The plastic plate doesn't have any sticker or a mylar pad. Rather than screw moulds with threads to secure the screw, they given a mould to put the screw in on all 4 corners and one of those tiny hexagon shaped nuts to hold the screws with 2 strips of metal rim put on 2 sides of the plate.

Back