Android Thinking of buying OnePlus 5? Well Don't!

Will you still buy a OnePlus device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Worth to buy or not.. good exchange offer at amazon available
Anyday, But the Amazon exchange offer is not worth.

Google rolls out August Android security update for Pixel and Nexus devices

New builds for the Pixel and Nexus devices with August 2017 Android Security update:

• Pixel and Pixel XL (NJH47F/NKG47S/NZH54D)
  • Nexus 6P (N2G48C)
  • Nexus 5X (N2G48C)
  • Nexus 6 (N6F27I/N8I11B)
  • Nexus 9 Wi-Fi & LTE (N9F27H / N4F27K)
  • Pixel C (N2G48C)
  • Nexus Player (N2G48C)

What this has to do with the OnePlus thread ?

Last edited:
David: Hi Oliver. First, could you please explain why many more updates were released for the OP5 than the OP3/3T in recent times?

Oliver: Sure, we have been gathering plenty of user feedback on the OP5 following the launch in mid-June. We dedicated our efforts in the first 1-2 months after release to better satisfy users’ needs and boost our latest product’s capabilities.

Normally, we release a new Official Release (OTA) update every 1-2 months. If you’d like to taste some of the latest OxygenOS features earlier, and receive updates more frequently, you’re more than welcome to join our Open Beta Program. Currently, we release Open Beta updates for the OP3/3T approximately once every month.

David: Some users asked why some new features, which are available through the Open Beta Program, are not implemented in the stable build releases on the OP3/3T?

Oliver: We’ve always positioned the Beta Program as a public laboratory for new features, feedback, and bug testing. This helps us improve the code of all of our MP builds. We unfortunately, cannot guarantee every feature present in the Open Betas will transition to the Official releases. Often times, even though the feature seems stable enough in the Beta builds, they are not ready or do not meet our quality standards for public release. (And yes, sometimes we test the value of upcoming features through the Open Beta Program for release in new or upcoming devices or later software updates.) In some situations, our limited development and QT resources force us to bring these features to one device first. These features are then introduced on other older devices further down the road. We love how the program has grown, but we do have to admit that we still have room to improve and better optimize the Open Beta Program.

Also, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our users who have joined either our Closed Beta Program or our Open Beta Program. You have all helped us shape the functionalities and quality of OxygenOS.

David: What are you planning with regards to security updates for the OP3/3T?

Oliver: In keeping with the original schedule, we planned to update OxygenOS on the OP3/3T to version 4.5, with the latest security patch level update, in the next 1-2 months. However, some feedback from the community caught our attention and we decided to tweak it a little bit. We’ll split the update into two parts. First, we’ll update the security patch level to August, which will be released soon. The OxygenOS 4.5 update will be released at the scheduled time.

David: So the OP3/3T will soon catch up with the current version on the OP5, but some features on the OP5 will not be available on the OP3/3T, right?

Oliver: Yes, those missing features are mainly a result of hardware differences, such as the availability of Reading Mode on the OP5, which depends on the RGB sensor. The OP3/3T don’t have that hardware interface, so we are unable to release this feature on these two devices. The same reason applies to the new off-screen gestures and DCI-P3 screen calibration.

David: My last question is very important to OP3/3T users. How long will the OP3/3T continue to receive software support?

Oliver: Android O is going to be the last Android version update we’ll release for OP3/3T. We’ll continue to release security patch updates for the foreseeable future, and offer support for individual application updates. After the OP3/3T have been updated to Android O, we’ll start moving the Open Beta Program from OP3/3T to OP5.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/software-support-for-op3-3t-questions-answers.599122/

That means 1 year of updates from the date of launch. Well shame.

Oneplus 5 potential buyers, Decide now!

Last edited:
It's will atleast take another 6 months for O to come to phone apart from Google devices and another 6 months for there updates so it's basically 2 years from the date of launch. Even Google gives updates for 2 years.
Booo... Why not give that O update in 2018 December and make it 3 years, better than Google.

Appreciate them for being frank that they're cheap and will always settle.

Burn in hell OnePlus.

Booo... Why not give that O update in 2018 December and make it 3 years, better than Google.

Appreciate them for being frank that they're cheap and will always settle.

Burn in hell OnePlus.
Lol, O release date is 23 September. Let which of your favourite brand apart from Google brings the O update to their phones.

Don't know about oneplus burn but some are done with burning. [emoji14] [emoji14]

lol. Something about their pricing has been bothering me for a long time now. Someone on Twitter asked Carl Pei why they don't give "sales" on their phones ad he replied in a rather rude way "if you want a *cheap* phone don't buy 1+ phones" and the same guy who said that did a "Win a crore" Lucky draw like wtf? I mean if you can really give out a crore why not just reduce the price of your damn phones and make your fans happy in the process? That coupled with their latest scandal (I shall call it that!) of cheating the benchmark numbers and their refusal to admit the jello effect as a "flaw" bit the last little love I had for them. don't even get me started on the 1+X.
From a business perspective however I think that despite their success with the 1+1 and 1+3 they made a huge loss and decided to make profit off with the 1+5. Just my assumption.
Definitely not buying this crap. if no company makes a nice compact phone my next phone will most likely be an iPhone. RIP Moto. **** LOLnovo.

100% satisfied result is a joke...
even a brand like iphone does get 100% result
If u ask me i know Atleast 10 people who have been using oneplus and they all are 100% satisfied, As for the iPhone for me it sucks 90 out of 100 buy it just to showoff, Really don't know whats in there to showoff.

I bought OnePlus 5(Exchange offer) because i couldn't afford an iPhone at this time. But i don't think they can be compared....you get what you pay for or less !!

I didnt like the design of iPhone X, plus i think people would get bored of those AR games which they hyped so much during their keynote. I think the faceunlock feature is half baked, they failed so miserably at their own keynote while demoing the face unlock feature. If i were tim cook, to be on the safer side, i would have atleast put touchID on the back as a backup plan coz using faceID under complete darkness or low light could be tricky.

P.S : I would anyday prefer thin bezels phone than ugly looking bezel less phone. The Essential and Mi Mix looks much nicer in design as compared to iPhone X.

One more thing...(copied from Apple)

Using gestures would be such a pain in the wrong place to operate the phone. Why didnt they copy a useful feature from Android (which they have been doing from last couple of years).

Did they ever hear about software buttons which Google implemented a long time ago in their Nexus phones?

Last edited:
Back