Android Thinking of buying OnePlus 5? Well Don't!

Will you still buy a OnePlus device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My feeling after using the Op5 is that it is a great phone, but i felt the dual camera was hyped a bit. It would need to be optimized using software updates. But i would still compare it with the iphone 7 128gb, and not the plus as @indy1811 pointed out.

As for the OIS vs EIS, Google can and has pulled it off, OPO, not so sure still.

Waterproofing was a major let down...

My feeling after using the Op5 is that it is a great phone, but i felt the dual camera was hyped a bit. It would need to be optimized using software updates. But i would still compare it with the iphone 7 128gb, and not the plus as @indy1811 pointed out.

As for the OIS vs EIS, Google can and has pulled it off, OPO, not so sure still.

Waterproofing was a major let down...

You're comparing the camera or the phone overall? My comparison of the iPhone 7 plus was only to point out the price difference between Apple's 5.5 inch phone and OnePlus.

As for the waterproofing, it does pass the basic water test. They didn't get it certified because it increases their liability and costs if they say that it is waterproof.

No OS update guarantee after the new device launch:

Huh? I'm still getting updates for my OnePlus 3 regularly. Even if they stop it right away, that's a years worth of updates. Not many (if any) companies support their handsets with software updates after a year. Most companies which do give updates (Apple, Moto etc) make their devices slower after installing these updates.
Huh. Even I get the updates on 3T. What i wanted to highlight was the backlash they got after they said no nougat update for OP2, They basically ate their own words.

Also they promised Android O in first quarter of 2018 for 3T/3, While then O update will be first served to OP5, Just because their device is new and people should would buy them.

Shame...

Screen issues on Oneplus 5 & Gimmicky Camera:

Most people can't even see it. I wouldn't call this a major issue.

OnePlus now blames your eyes for the OnePlus 5 screen issue it can’t fix

oneplus-5-jelly-effect-twitter.jpg

Look at the arrogance. This is their best cover-up.

You don't want a company to advertise? OnePlus today is a known brand only because of the hype.

Well why not? If you've watched Verge video where they boast bullshit things Just to present their products as something very hardly worked up on. Where can we see hard work? I see it as OPPO R11 which copied iPhone. Well if its not worthless than what it is.

OnePlus One was a true flag ship killer.
Big time OPO fan here!

I clicked couple of pics on friends 5 recently, Some 20% difference i could notice between 3T and 5.

Huh. Even I get the updates on 3T. What i wanted to highlight was the backlash they got after they said no nougat update for OP2, They basically ate their own words.

Also they promised Android O in first quarter of 2018 for 3T/3, While then O update will be first served to OP5, Just because their device is new and people should would buy them.

Shame...

Ya man. Screw them for supporting their flagship first! You seriously can't expect a year old model to be supported the same way as their latest flagship. I get the point about the missed updates on the OP2 but they fixed that with the OP3. They've also guaranteed Android O for the 3T/3. What more do u want?

Look at the arrogance. This is their best cover-up.

Arrogance? Think of it from their point of view.They're trying to explain why that happens. Not everyone is seeing the jelly effect. It affects a few customers, not all.

Well why not? If you've watched Verge video where they boast bullshit things Just to present their products as something very hardly worked up on. Where can we see hard work? I see it as OPPO R11 which copied iPhone. Well if its not worthless than what it is.

Are you telling me that no effort at all went in to the Op5? Must be comparable to a Micromax or lava phone then? I agree the design is not the most original but hold one in your hand and tell me it doesn't feel premium?

Big time OPO fan here!g

I clicked couple of pics on friends 5 recently, Some 20% difference i could notice between 3T and 5.[/QUOTE]

20% is the price difference between the 3T and the 5.

I think the jelly effect is due to bad graphics driver. I came across this effect in my Intel Nuc. I thought it was screen tearing at first but while browsing on Firefox, when I pulled the scroll bar down the browser window felt like it was in water. It was really weird to see that. Had to uninstall old graphics drivers in the OS for that effect to go away.

No offence but looking at what you post. It looks like you buy and sell mobiles esp Samsung a lot. So i presumed yourself as a mobile retailer. :p

I buy almost every phone (Android only, No IOS coz Apple Suks) which comes in the market so does that makes me a retailer. This is why one should not presume things about others. :p

Back