This Diwali is the awesomeness! :D

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Last year's Diwali saw most of through Uncharted 2 - one of the better games to be released for the console and all of us had an awesome time during the holidays. This time, it just got better! :D

Got hold of a bigger display this time and my 6+ months of research just paid off.

Like the Doc had mentioned in his thread before, we were unable to find a dealer who would willingly open the boxes to let us know the panels and when we came across one, he couldn't keep up his promise and denied the availability of the panels until Diwali is gone. We couldn't wait any longer either. Doc had some contacts higher up in the Croma franchisee and he had assured us 2 panels from the SPVA stock and these ladies came all the way from Ahmedabad.

Calibrated the panel from some inputs posted at the AVS Forums and the blacks look a lot better now, colors look warm and sharper. Took some time to do the calibration but it was worth it. Absolutely no backlight bleeding from any edges - this was the first thing I was looking for since most Samsung panels in the 40 incher segment had this complaint with the owners seeking replacements.

Here are some snaps of the setup. I really wish I could move into a better place now! Did some cable management by hiding most of the cables through those thin conduits. Whatever remains, I did my best tying them using zip ties. :p

The system is pretty simple. The PS3 is connected to the panel via HDMI. The PS3 is connected to the PC through the LAN cable so I could stream my media through the PMS. Played everything I threw at it by far. The optical out and coaxial out from the PC from the PS3 is plugged into the Maverick D1. The tube outs are connected to the MX5021's input.

p1040509z.jpg

p1040516.jpg

p1040427d.jpg

p1040490.jpg

p1040496gq.jpg

p1040498x.jpg

The obligatory Heath Ledger's shot! :p

No new upgrades in the pipeline except the system upgrade due this year end, the Adam and few household appliances - AC, fridge (last summer was horrid!). Wait, I thought I said no new upgrades! :ashamed:

Oh and besides, did I say I love Surat and I've decided to settle down here for sometime? Love the people around, love my boss, loving my field of work. Bombay is just 4 hours as well so I could come down anytime to meet the cats there. :D

PS: My heartfelt thanks to Arun and Amol for all the inputs and esp. Bhavin sir for the kickass deal.

Congrats Gannu ! The display looks sweet .:D Ive passed on your number to quiet a few TE buggers from Mumbai in need of best LCD buying advice advice :p .Hope you don't mind :ashamed:. Madnav/Naveen just picked up a Bravia yesterday .

Damages and exact model number please !

After almost a year of indecision (and lots of confusion) you buy an awesome LCD man! With the lights off, isn't it as good as a theater? :)

@Sei: LOL not a theater but well yeah the experience is awesome nonetheless. I have to move into a better place after a while. :)

@Faheem: Haha no issues man. Navin did call me yesterday. He has picked up a 46EX400 Bravia. A wiser choice than have to spend on a mediocre panel. :p

@Roxtin: Nah it's a 'he'. :D

Thanks for the comments folks!

Congratulations Gannu.

Now taking advantage of this holidays will ring you up and come to copy some movies. :D

FaH33m said:
Congrats Gannu ! The display looks sweet .:D Ive passed on your number to quiet a few TE buggers from Mumbai in need of best LCD buying advice advice :p .Hope you don't mind :ashamed:. Madnav/Naveen just picked up a Bravia yesterday .
Damages and exact model number please !

Model : Samsung LA40C630
Damages : 58000/-

@Roxtin
Right now Samsung India has all 40 incher panels in stock are S-PVA panels. (this i got to know while forcing Croma to secure these panels), specially Croma has all S-PVA so grab them before they jack up the prices.

medpal said:
@Roxtin
Right now Samsung India has all 40 incher panels in stock are S-PVA panels. (this i got to know while forcing Croma to secure these panels), specially Croma has all S-PVA so grab them before they jack up the prices.

40" is out of my budget I am looking to spend max 45k so would be going for 32".

Back