This is War - A SCREW YOU @ UBISOFT

^I dont think Atari are gonna be publishers for Witcher 2. Atleast, that was what people were speculating when the trailer had released. The trailer apparently, did not show any info about the publisher. So there was speculation that maybe CD Projekt would go about publishing it by themselves.

pretttt said:
^I dont think Atari are gonna be publishers for Witcher 2. Atleast, that was what people were speculating when the trailer had released. The trailer apparently, did not show any info about the publisher. So there was speculation that maybe CD Projekt would go about publishing it by themselves.

GameSpy: Atari Announces The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

or here for more detail

The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Officially Announced - Voodoo Extreme

The company also announced distribution agreements for various territories, Atari Inc. (North America), 1C-SoftClub/Snowball Studios (Russia) and CD Projekt (Poland and Central Europe); negotiations for Western European distribution are in progress.

spindoctor said:

^Yes sire, duly noted :)

btw, posted in the other thread... reposting here also:
Ubisoft to compensate gamers affected by DDOS attack

One comment from Digg:
Irony = Installing DRM to prevent your customers from getting your games for free, only to have that DRM be the reason you have to give away your games for free.

:)

asingh said:
Yes, if they hire me, sure probably could think of something. You are not getting the point. There are many users, who do not have dedicated net connections out there, and on which the quality is good. Heck, before 2006, I never had broad band at home. All my gaming was done offline. I am sure, this same scenario exists for many -- today. Even today when I game non MP, I switch of my net connection client. Why..? Free resources. I would still prefer to do that.

I not sure if Ubisoft would care if few units ships less in India , their market is US and Europe and internet penetration is quite high with very good speeds.

Yeah, their main markets are the US and Europe and possibly China/Korea/Japan, where the internet is pretty much in everyone's house. Even though this DRM may not be to our liking, it IS working which is the point. It's the only thing thats gonna get people stop pirating games.

Back