All OS Thoughts on switching to iPhone 13 mini

Any leads on upcoming sales? Diwali would be one. I have an edu email, but afaik the education discount doesn't apply for iPhones.

Amazon has listed 128GB iPhone 13 for 60k. Is it a good deal? My brother has a HDFC card, so was planning on getting it on 1 year EMI (if available). I have amazon card, but can't pay the 6 month EMI (Too burdensome for the short time period).

Amazon has listed 128GB iPhone 13 for 60k. Is it a good deal? My brother has a HDFC card, so was planning on getting it on 1 year EMI (if available). I have amazon card, but can't pay the 6 month EMI (Too burdensome for the short time period).
Would say that buying ifone on EMI is not a smart choice

Would say that buying ifone on EMI is not a smart choice
Can you elaborate? I would have to change my phone anyways, so instead of doing it up front, I'm breaking the payment to smaller sections.

If you can't afford a luxury item outright, maybe you shouldn't buy it. An iPhone is a luxury, not a necessity.
I see it more like a tool. If taken care of, it'll last for at least 3-5 years (With a 2 yearly battery swap at genuine center). What's the difference between saving up and buying vs getting a no-cost EMI?
Just to be clear, I will only buy it on no cost EMI! Will not buy if it isn't the case.

Can you elaborate? I would have to change my phone anyways, so instead of doing it up front, I'm breaking the payment to smaller sections.

I see it more like a tool. If taken care of, it'll last for at least 3-5 years (With a 2 yearly battery swap at genuine center). What's the difference between saving up and buying vs getting a no-cost EMI?
Just to be clear, I will only buy it on no cost EMI! Will not buy if it isn't the case.
Technically No Cost EMI costs more because you pay GST on the interest part of the loan

Also no reward points or cashback which you get for full swipe/full payment

(Source 1 - I work at an NBFC; Source 2 - I hold two 10k+GST credit cards so i know a thing or two about Consumer Finance)

Take your call

IMO if I can't buy something like an expensive phone or PC part outright w/o affecting savings or lifestyle, then I won't buy it. The iPhone is a tool, but does it enable you to earn more money vs owning a 30k or even 15k phone?

I use S20FE 5G & as Slayer mentioned, I bought it outright using CC to get an additional discount. Surely I would have been fine with a 15k phone, but since I wanted something better & could afford it, I paid for a 35k phone.

Anyways, it's turning into Personal Finances 101. Take your own call on whatever you want to do. We are merely suggesting.

Agree. iPhone is definitely not a luxury. Pro Max, probably is. Gold plated iPhone is luxury. Diamond studded iPhone is luxury. iPhone, in 2023 is another phone, a flagship that lasts really long. It comes with 'among the best' camera system. I ditched the plan to buy a point-n-shoot camera as my phone takes really good photos. So, if my phone costs as much as a midrange+camera, is it a luxury or is it something that made life easier?

If you like iPhone, if you can pay for EMIs, go for it. But do you do the thing where one swipes on credit card for full amount and then starts paying huge interest charges and full payment is not done by end of billing cycle.

PS: If you work hard, there is nothing wrong in pampering self. Just make sure you do not drain your salary in pampering. :D

I went to Croma store, they aren't price matching amazon and would charge 65k. Imagine store had it retailed for 63k. Since it is more than the amazon listing price, I am not buying it.

I might buy next month or during the next sale, probably using the Bajaj finserv.

I can't pay for it outright yes, but I have enough room for saving up to it. Rather than waiting 6 months and risk losing a good deal, I would rather pay a no-cost (i.e. minimal payment for processing) EMI. If my amazon card had enough balance who knows, I might've ordered that sumbich already XD

@desiibond a hard agree. I'm going for the literal base model (128GB) of previous generation, so I had the same points as you. My LG G8x clicks decent pictures, but most of my 'events' happen at night, which isn't the camera's strongest suite. Hence I've ended up clicking FAR more pictures than I used to.
All my bills are paid before the last date!! I'm not letting them earn more from me, my brother has paid them more than enough already

My brother is willing to help out a little so I might get iPhone 14 128GB with apple care plus (so one more year of warranty).

I have an Imagine outlet nearby, so will buy from there, maybe tonight. Torn between blue, purple and yellow.

My brother is willing to help out a little so I might get iPhone 14 128GB with apple care plus (so one more year of warranty).

I have an Imagine outlet nearby, so will buy from there, maybe tonight. Torn between blue, purple and yellow.
Go with neutral colors. I have blue 13. Majority of cases does not match this blue color. Same with skins.

Went with the blue!

Also, the shop had Apple SE 1st gen 40mm demo unit for sale at 18k, and Apple TV 4k 2017 model for 8k. Are they worthy options?

We checked the TV, apart from minor scuffs in the remote it works well. All accessories are present for the Apple TV but the watch comes with 1 strap and no accessories.

Back