Android Thoughts on the LG G8X?

Got one for mom, would've gotten one for myself if I had not spent on monitor, ssd etc.

Its almost 95% flagship at a very reasonable price. And for the flak LG faces for less updates, imo if LG can provide a bug-free experience, I don't think a regular person needs an update every month.

So yes, them selling so many units makes sense to me. They are still selling some more units and have increased the price by ₹2000.

Only absurd thing I have read on some sub-reddits is that LG may reject warranty if a third-party charger brick is used. I am planning to use my Mi 18W brick though.

PS - Now, All I need is a good Case/Cover and a Screen protector for this damn thing!

Got one for mom, would've gotten one for myself if I had not spent on monitor, ssd etc.

Its almost 95% flagship at a very reasonable price. And for the flak LG faces for less updates, imo if LG can provide a bug-free experience, I don't think a regular person needs an update every month.

So yes, them selling so many units makes sense to me. They are still selling some more units and have increased the price by ₹2000.

Only absurd thing I have read on some sub-reddits is that LG may reject warranty if a third-party charger brick is used. I am planning to use my Mi 18W brick though.

PS - Now, All I need is a good Case/Cover and a Screen protector for this damn thing!

You think the 2 screens is a novelty or you see practical use of them together?

!

Is it? Then why LG is not bundling charger brick with the phone?

You think the 2 screens is a novelty or you see practical use of them together?

The phone is fully capable without the dual-screen case. It has OLED panel, a flagship processor, okay cameras, great DAC and Speakers, IP68 Water and Dust proof, NFC, offers Wireless charging, some militart grade build.

That case is okay for people who like to multi-task or specific use cases like better typing experience or.. like my mom often needs to use whatsapp, word and gmail together. For more use cases, you can refer to r/LGG8x
Is it? Then why LG is not bundling charger brick with the phone?
Read on r/LGG8X that it is an EU unit with EU plugs in brick, hence they removed the brick.

Two and a half screen protectors!

I have a few doubts about this phone.

1. Will the 4000mAH battery, although not tiny, be able to support 2 x 6.4" screens for a decent SoT
2. Does the flip cover have a lock at the 90° position? If you're using the second screen to type, it would be absurd to have to support the flip with your fingers

The second screen is definitely a gimmicky novelty, but the specs are decent. Wonder what the catch is. Nothing comes for free.

1. Will the 4000mAH battery, although not tiny, be able to support 2 x 6.4" screens for a decent SoT
People have reported decent SOT with/without case.

Check on reddit.com/r/lgg8x
2. Does the flip cover have a lock at the 90° position? If you're using the second screen to type, it would be absurd to have to support the flip with your fingers
Yes. They claim it as 360 Freestop Hinge... but as it is a moving part, it is bound to fail at some time.

Last edited:
Back