Storage Solutions Tick tick sound in external hdd

...I think this non or very very less usage is the reasons why multiple external drives of mine went kaput in the last few years. But many internal one's also did, the blue one's though. Anyways what's the advice on this part?
If many of your drives are going kaput, you might want to check your PSU and/or power quality of your mains supply. See if you need a voltage stabilizer or UPS etc.

If many of your drives are going kaput, you might want to check your PSU and/or power quality of your mains supply. See if you need a voltage stabilizer or UPS etc.
Already have one. For the internal one how to check/diganose the PSU? About the external one it was used with different devices so I don't think that power should be an issue there.
I didn't know WD had a service center you could visit, I was under the impression that you made online RMAs with WD, they have always replaced my drives no questions asked, you could try this method.

As for reliability, as before you could try the Ultrastars (if in budget), or perhaps an SSD?
By service centre I meant drop points, you give your hdd there, they check the same and will send you a new one at your address.
Already have one. For the internal one how to check/diganose the PSU? About the external one it was used with different devices so I don't think that power should be an issue there.

Back