PC Peripherals Tirupati Enterprises and POV RMA Confusion resolved

Exactlt same thing happened with me.

My PoV BD500 died on me abruptly. Went for RMA, was told after 1 month of follow up that its out of stock and i'll have to wait another month or get a Tagan @ 700/- extra.

I opted for the second as it was my main rig at that time.

All the best to the OP.

Seems like the POV PSU is a bad recommendation after all. Many seems to have their PSUs gone kaput over no time!

Spectre said:
Now I am skeptical, I am having a Palit 4850 which was told to have 3 years warranty, hope they don't reduce warranty on this

ITWares have mentioned (3 years warranty) on my invoice, so i guess i wont have any issues :)

Palit 4850 :-2 years warranty + 1 year paid warranty ...

I guess this is what happens when you try to do too many brands. More than you can handle.
Anyway as far as Rashi goes, although their service hasn't been the best around, I don't remember them not honouring warranty. Asus has had 3 years warranty for quite some time and they have honoured that. It does happen that if you try to get replacement of a product which is quite old and not sold anymore, they do offer a newer product to you for no extra cost.You may have to do some firm talking but thats about it.

Never dealt with Tirupati RMA till date so no comments on that.

All Palit Graphic Cards which are from Tirupati Enterprises which were bought before January 2009 will Carry 3 Yrs Free Warranty and the Cards bought after that will carry 2Yrs Free + 1Yr Paid Warranty.

First of all i'd like to say that i am posting this message on Behalf of Tirupati Enterprises The person who has started this thread is not my customer and i am not involved but after reading this i wanted to help the thread starter and also felt bad wrt Tirupati as i think they are the Best Distri i have ever dealt with.

All this happened due to a mistake done by POV they wrote a mail to Tirupati saying that the PSU's carry 1 Yr Warranty instead of 2 Yrs. Here's the whole scene.

1 st Mail between Vignesh & Tirupati RMA – 5TH August 2009

I had purchased a Point Of View 500W Black Diamond (S/N:25R167080500056) from Tirupati Enterprises in May 2008, with "2 years warranty" . The SMPS ceased to work few weeks back and since then I've been trying to get to your Branch Manager, here in Chennai, regarding a replacement SMPS since it is still under warranty, whilst he's been busy neglecting my calls ever since i mentioned about 'replacement' and 'warranty'. I had to go in person to talk to him about this issue, and he promised me that he would get me a replacement SMPS. The result - he made me wait for 2 long weeks for the 'replacement' , and when I go to collect it, he says that my smps is out of warranty and that there's nothing he can do about it. If it was genuinely out of warranty, I wonder what stopped him from calling me sooner and informing me about the same. I'm totally dissapointed in the way your Branch Manager is handling this situation, as he keeps telling me that the warranty is just for 1 year and that he cannot get me a replacement, inspite of the fact that the label on the SMPS clearly states the warranty period to be 2 years. And as if this annoyance wasn't enough, your Branch Manager has tampered with the warranty label that entitles me to my replacement SMPS. If this case is going to be delayed any further, I will be forced to take this to the Consumer Court. Sort this issue out ASAP as there is no reason that I should deal with such arrogant behaviour and falsehood.

Vignesh.

Reply from Tirupati – 5th Aug 2009

Dear Sir,
Please let us know that from where you have purchased below Point Of View 500W Black Diamond (S/N :25R167080500056) and provide us scan copy of Invoice for the same.
Thanks & Regards
Tirupati Enterprises
Gautam Singh

Reply given by Vignesh – 5TH Aug 2009

Got it from "Xtreme Grafix" .
Now here Gautam Singh in the back end contacted POV asking for 2 Yrs Warranty

Here’s wat he got in reply

Hi, Gautam,
To the best of my knowledge, power doesn't cover 2 years warranty. It is one year instead.
I am afraid there is no RMA# given, thanks.
Irene

To this Gautam from Tirupati replied –

Dear Irene,
Please check all and then confirm POV PSU warranty.
Please see a mail below from our customer when we said him that POV has one year warranty. They have highlighted these POV warranty issue on forum and will take to consumer court also if issue was not solved immediately. They said that there is warranty label of two years warranty on power supply then how it comes with one year warranty.
We are attaching herewith photo of that two years warranty label for your kind consideration.
So we need your firm comment in this regard and confirm immediately.
Thanks & Regards
Tirupati Enterprises
Gautam Singh

While all this was going on I saw this thread and called the CEO of Tirupati Enterprises and showed him this thread he contacted the sales guy at POV by writing this Email to him

Dear Jurgen

I would like to bring to your kind attention the problem we are facing with your PSU warranty. Kindly go through the below email thread for understanding the whole issue. We have accumulated some qty of Power Supplies with us which we want to send back to you for RMA service. However your Taipei office has reverted saying that the PSU's carry one year warranty only.

Kindly see attached the pictures of the PSU which clearly mentions Two Years Warranty. Also refer to the email from the user and kindly take note of remarks made by him. Also see below forum link

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/tirupati-enterprises-trying-to-cheat-customers-142788.html

Despite the fact that we are not getting support from you we are still supporting our customers with an alternative brand of PSU but we urgently need your RMA support to sort this out.

Pls look into this matter urgently and kindly help to solve this issue as we do not want to see such bad remarks about service from our customers.

To this they Replied –

Dear Sir,
Please be aware of POV indeed offer Two years Warranty for PSU products.
We do need your understanding that is due to miscommunication by internally and caused this mistake.
When you realize this point, please accept our deeply apologize for Tirupati and the supporters of POV.
Thanks for your understanding.

After which he forwarded me the whole set of mails and a reply for all of you.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for bringing up the forum issue to me. Here I would like to bring to the notice of all forum members that this whole confusion was a result of a misunderstanding from POV. Pls see below their apology received by us. We as distributors of a brand only follow policies as formulated by the vendors.

Pls see below email from Point of View whereby Irene from POV had clearly stated that warranty is one year for PSU and we as a distributor have passed on the same information to customers. This was conveyed to us since February 2009. Since this issue has come up again now, we have taken up the issue with POV again but got the same answer. We then sent them a picture of the PSU mentioning two years warranty as forwarded by the customer. They have accepted the misunderstanding on their part. Despite the one year warranty from POV we have supported all our customers with alternate solutions at a price difference which is charged due to the difference in cost of the products and also taking into consideration some depreciation for use based on the period of usage. We have never denied warranty or service to any of our customers for any of our brands. We service all customers across our network of branches and always ask them to provide purchase details as a check to make sure the goods are sold by us. However we have to follow RMA terms of the vendor from time to time and we stand committed to service all our customers.

To all forum users I would like to reiterate that Tirupati stands committed to service. However our service is dependant on the vendor as we are their distributor in the country and we shall offer full warranty support as per our vendors. We shall fight for all our customers and there is no question of cheating any customer for service.

Kindly convey this to all your forum members.

I have had no problems with Tirupati, i used to deal with Manish of Hyderabad. Very helpful guy and decent chap.

Maybe this was one fluke case.

Pls see below email from Point of View whereby Irene from POV had clearly stated that warranty is one year for PSU and we as a distributor have passed on the same information to customers. This was conveyed to us since February 2009.

The customers complaining brought SMPS before 09. What about the warranty for them ?

We are not getting dreams that POV and Tirupati has signed an internal deal or whatever :"|

Please be aware of POV indeed offer Two years Warranty for PSU products.

Why contradictory statements S:

Aarre Dark Star all that he is saying in there is in Feb 2009 POV said that its warranty is 1 Yr by Mistake and so they were giving the same to the customers here.

Now when this thing was rightly clarified with the sales guys of POV and RMA team POV the same has been rectified and its 2 Yrs Warranty Ok.

It does'nt matter when u bought the SMPS its 2 Yrs Warranty as promised.

I guess this solves the TS's issue, I would ask a mod to change the thread title for something more descriptive of the issue :)

Good work Rahul, appreciate the effort you have put in :hap2:

and nice to see it got escalated to the top in very quick time and the distris/vendors acknowledged their mistake
and TE played its part, Kudos to the community

Hope the TS gets a spanking good PSU soon

wow...First of all Great work Rahul!:hap2:

good to see TE played a major role in this issue too!!

Distributors/Vendors better not mess with TE customers..:bleh:

Back