Titanfall - Discussion Thread

Tweaked some settings and played some rounds. It's ok, the infantry even with parkour takes a back seat while the mech combat felt more engaging and exciting. But that maybe because I am not very good at COD type shooters. The rounds are short and the Epilogues at the end of every round are a nice touch. The maps are more balanced for infantry though, which makes sense, since a Titan can mow them down easily in open areas.

The mechs are a lot of fun. The absorb shield is deadly in the right hands and the execute animations are brutal. The "burn cards" allow for some customization of the gameplay, and some of the mech cards are pretty neat. The AI can be loosely compared with the creeps in Dota. They deal damage, but they can only kill you if you are very careless. Otherwise they are just means to rake up points to speedup your Titanfall (calling down the Titan, not the game).

I am not a fan of fast shooters, but if I had the time and money to invest in one I would chose this over any COD.

My friend told me it got boring (read:same gameplay) too fast. There was nothing new, just doing the same thing again and again.
Discalimer : He comes from BF series, with 64 player maps, where nothing ever remains the same (except for metro ofc).

Well for me the game gave had the feeling of Unreal tournament type gameplay which is very fast and I used to enjoy it quite a bit before... BF4 will always have its place. This is more of the fast gameplay type matches which is quite fun. Attrition is purely deathmatch like unreal, Capture hard points is more control CP like tf2 and last titan standing which I like a lot is how well you can control your titan... Still getting a hang of pilot parkour style fighting. It feels more of Halo like experience when on foot.. Run and gun shooting...

There was another mode forgot what it was

My friend told me it got boring (read:same gameplay) too fast. There was nothing new, just doing the same thing again and again.
Discalimer : He comes from BF series, with 64 player maps, where nothing ever remains the same (except for metro ofc).

It's apples and oranges. Battlefield caters to a different set of users. This is more geared to the COD crowd, and in that I think it will do quite well.

I felt the same.
Played it after two days and suddenly everyone is a pro.

Played the beta and loved it. Gun handling and such is similar to Call of Duty but the game has much more depth than COD with the addition of the Titans and the jet pack jumps which induce more a more vertical component to gameplay.
Its very fast paced and reminds me of the old UT/Quake days and a quick fix game compared to say Battlefield and this is from a long time Battlefield player.[DOUBLEPOST=1393441124][/DOUBLEPOST]
21gb download and 48gb install size. Damn that's big!!
Most likely uncompressed files similar to Call of Duty as after all its former COD devs. :)

EA canceled all the pre-orders for Titanfall in South Africa.

Thank you for pre-ordering Titanfall on Origin. However, after conducting recent online tests for Titanfall, it was found that the performance rates in South Africa are not as high as needed to guarantee a great experience, so the Titanfall team has decided not to release Titanfall there at this time. We have cancelled your pre-order and you will not be charged. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Titanfall’s online performance will continue to be monitored closely. If anything changes regarding Titanfall’s release in South Africa, we will let you know.

-Origin Team

Apparently some gamers got together and complained to their Consumer Protection body against Titanfall not having decent infrastructure to ensure a good MP experience. EA got wind of it, and pulled the game rather than face a lawsuit later.

This is all too familiar for Indian gamers. Would you rather have a game not sold if the infrastructure is not up to scratch, or play with high pings?

Im probably gonna pick it up, origin have that great game guarantee or something, so if its not unto scratch and if I'm facing any ping issues, will ask for a refund.

Remember it is a 24hr window within which you have to claim the refund. Having said that, the general response is very positive, so I think you'll enjoy it.

I would love to congratulate the Titanfall team for this. They have made a significant improvement here. With the newer system, they will have more space to use.
And uncompressed music will leave the processor free of that burden and focus more on the game itself.

I would love to congratulate the Titanfall team for this. They have made a significant improvement here. With the newer system, they will have more space to use.
And uncompressed music will leave the processor free of that burden and focus more on the game itself.

I think it's total bullshit. It's running on Source and the game will ship on the x360 on a single disc, not even Battlefield takes that much space and BF has the best sounds for a shooter.
Actually they need to fire their audio engineer, even my toaster can decode audio, it's 2014 not a single pc will require more than 1% cpu usage and if it can't handle the audio it prolly won't handle the game.

LOL.

Okay so after playing for an hour or so, noticing some lag. Though its only online.. Ping is around 60-70 ms. Seriously thinking of getting a refund. 4000rs is not worth a laggy game. My PC setup is pretty decent so I know its not that. Internet setup is 15Mpbs down and 15 up. So it cant be that either, probably latency or some internet related issue. Dunno if I should ask for a refund or stick it out till its fixed. That being said that parts that werent laggy were really fun and some cool moments. Though the graphics arent as good as say bf4.

Back