Laptops To Clean a ThinkPad

sid41299

Disciple
I'd like to fully clean up my E14 Gen 5 and take better care of the touchpoints to prevent oil wear. How do I clean grime off the screen and keys, and what can I use to minimise the wear from skin oils on the keys and wrist rest areas? Also, if there's any way to de-fingerprint the top and bottom cases (both aluminium), that'd be great too

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

I've used the premoistened wipes from Zeiss to clean both screens and plastic parts and it works pretty well. However, you'll find that most of the stock from Amazon hardly has any moisture left and they are not very effective.

I've switched to using Zeiss' spectacle lens cleaning spray along with a microfiber cloth. The bottle says it's for all optical surfaces including cameras etc but you should do your own check before using.

I've used the premoistened wipes from Zeiss to clean both screens and plastic parts and it works pretty well. However, you'll find that most of the stock from Amazon hardly has any moisture left and they are not very effective.

I've switched to using Zeiss' spectacle lens cleaning spray along with a microfiber cloth. The bottle says it's for all optical surfaces including cameras etc but you should do your own check before using.
I will certainly look into this, thank you. By "plastic parts" do you mean the keycaps? Because I specc'd a full aluminium build (not sure what parts come plastic as standard) and I'm wondering if it would damage the finish?

I will certainly look into this, thank you. By "plastic parts" do you mean the keycaps? Because I specc'd a full aluminium build (not sure what parts come plastic as standard) and I'm wondering if would damage the finish?
I meant the casing, touchpad, etc. But I don't think it'd damage an aluminum finish. I'd say maybe take a little if it in the cloth and try cleaning a corner of one key as a test. Don't spray it on the machine.

Back