Budget 90k+ To those who use a 3080ti FE, how are thermals (core and memory)?

drake_chan

Recruit
I plan to build a 1440p 144hz gaming PC in some time. Given the current GPU pricing, I have to choose between getting a 3080ti FE from RPTech for 107000 or buy a 3070ti from Zotac or MSI for 85-90k. The 3080ti FE has poor thermals (particularly memory) and might additionally require changing the thermal pads while the AIB partner cards generally have better thermals. This gets even worse due to warmer weather in north India. Moreover, even at the aforementioned pricing the price to performance ratio of a 3070ti is better than a 3080ti. What do you guys suggest?

If you want better thermals - go specifically for these models: Zotac 3070ti extreme, or MSI suprim these have got dedi memory cooling (they spent Rs 20 more in pads). Problem is Galax 3080 sg is priced ~90k now, so it is better to buy that and downvolt and still have more performance than 3070ti and better thermals.

On another note, next gen from Nvidia will come sooner than expected due to Intel threat, Intel is gonna flood the market.

I own one, and thermals are much better after changing thermal pads and thermal paste.
I used gelid extreme 2 mm thermal pads and gelid extreme thermal paste.

During gaming I keep all settings on default and haven't seen core temps go above 78 degrees. Fans still stay under 60% even on 78 degrees.

I plan to build a 1440p 144hz gaming PC in some time. Given the current GPU pricing, I have to choose between getting a 3080ti FE from RPTech for 107000 or buy a 3070ti from Zotac or MSI for 85-90k. The 3080ti FE has poor thermals (particularly memory) and might additionally require changing the thermal pads while the AIB partner cards generally have better thermals. This gets even worse due to warmer weather in north India. Moreover, even at the aforementioned pricing the price to performance ratio of a 3070ti is better than a 3080ti. What do you guys suggest?
Wait for pricing to drop and also I have heard that nvidia has dropped prices. if you have not big demand. get a 3070ti as next gen will be the real game changer and spending more on card right now is a big no no. even a 3060ti is what I would recommend people. save other cash. and upgrade in 9 months or so.

I own one, and thermals are much better after changing thermal pads and thermal paste.
I used gelid extreme 2 mm thermal pads and gelid extreme thermal paste.

During gaming I keep all settings on default and haven't seen core temps go above 78 degrees. Fans still stay under 60% even on 78 degrees.
The problem with changing thermal pads and paste on your own is the possibility of card getting some minor physically damage in the process. In case one has to RMA a card in the future, Nvidia might call the card as tampered with and don't honor the warranty.

Wait for pricing to drop and also I have heard that nvidia has dropped prices. if you have not big demand. get a 3070ti as next gen will be the real game changer and spending more on card right now is a big no no. even a 3060ti is what I would recommend people. save other cash. and upgrade in 9 months or so.
At some point during the wait, one starts to question whether their time is more valuable or 10-20k. For example, the price of a Zotac AMP HOLO 3070 ti was around 87k a few weeks back and they offer 5 year warranty. On top the card launched at a price of 75k as per several news articles.

At some point during the wait, one starts to question whether their time is more valuable or 10-20k. For example, the price of a Zotac AMP HOLO 3070 ti was around 87k a few weeks back and they offer 5 year warranty. On top the card launched at a price of 75k as per several news articles.
This cards are at their end of life cycle. so spending more don't make any sense. I would suggest to get a cheap card which can last for 9 months or so and get the next gen with the current and future saved money. they are quiet impressive.

4000 aaiga to 3000 jaiga na . and I am not talking about low end cards like what they did for 2060.
No logic man! The world knows even after 3xxx launch more than half of the world is yet to get their hands. They haven't yet retired 2xxx completely. $xxx will stay till 2k25.

No logic man! The world knows even after 3xxx launch more than half of the world is yet to get their hands. They haven't yet retired 2xxx completely. $xxx will stay till 2k25.
not talking about A.S.S life cycle. taking about new production in market. as I bought 2070Super in 2020 and they where out phased when 3000 series hit the store.

not talking about A.S.S life cycle. taking about new production in market. as I bought 2070Super in 2020 and they where out phased when 3000 series hit the store.
A particular GPU series being phased out after the launch of a new one in natural. But you are confusing it with 3000 series becoming obsolete after the launch. Graphics cards become obsolete when new and significantly more demanding games come out.

Back