Laptops To Vista or not Vista: that is question

well i have a disk on vista ultimate ready.

and one licensed vista home basic on its way bundled with laptop.

i am going to dual boot with xp next week on laptop first and then decide about the desktop (right now running tight rope on hdd space)

but the first hand installation and usage about vista was good.

I have Vista + XP i love Vista Ultimate it rocks but the only issue that i have is my Compro TV Tuner Card doesn't work in Vista ;( so whenever i want to see Tv i have to switch its very annoying but everything other than that works well in Vista.

so far my biggest issue with vista is user access control. even after fixing it in administrative tools, it still keeps hindering my work.

i can't get winrar to rar up any files/folders. thats just stupid. and i'm using winrar 3.70 beta 3.

i have an unused sealed xp-pro copy, so i ordered vista ulti with my new dell...as soon as it arrives, will wipe the drive clean and dual boot with both of them.

superczar said:
^^Thats funny...Winrar works perfect for me on Vista

hey now its working for me too... no clue why it wasn't before.

but yeah, generally, compatibility sucks. i'm lucky that i have a dell, and all the drivers are available at one page on their website. getting programs to work is irritatingly hard.

whenever i play a file in vlc, aero gets turned off. no freakin idea why.

and so far, i haven't even installed the tricky software like alcohol, daemon tools etc.

Had too much problems with Vista Premium for the past 2 days after my Dell lappy arrived. Many applications, including Winrar, were not running. My favourite game, AOE wasnt too. Getting heated too much. Battery getting devoured like anything. Swithced to XP to make life lot more easier. May dual boot with Vista Premium later.

One question guys - Does it affect my warranty if i dont use the OEM OS?

Back