Tool/Program required

glider

Disciple
Hi all

I am not very sure if this is the right place to cite my query , so sorry if it isin't.

I basically require a tool/program(scripting) which would help me to carry out my daily tasks.I am a system adminsitrator and i receive mails daily to fix certain incidents and i make a note of all the incidents in an excel sheet.All this is done manually.
Is there a tool or something where i can update the excel sheet automatically?
My mail client is lotus notes.(if its of any help)

Hope my problem is not too confusing.
Any help is appreciated.....Thanks !

Ah I think I understand what you want . Glider you require your incident mails which you get in your lotus notes client to be automatically updated in the excel sheet right ? hmm.

I don't know lotus notes scripting, someone who knows that in your work can help you build the required script and help , in the mean time there is one way . Lotus notes has one option of exporting mails in various format. Once the selected mails are exported to a certain format, using pattern matching one can surely 'fetch' relevant details and update in the excel sheet of yours.

odinson said:
Ah I think I understand what you want . Glider you require your incident mails which you get in your lotus notes client to be automatically updated in the excel sheet right ? hmm.

I don't know lotus notes scripting, someone who knows that in your work can help you build the required script and help , in the mean time there is one way . Lotus notes has one option of exporting mails in various format. Once the selected mails are exported to a certain format, using pattern matching one can surely 'fetch' relevant details and update in the excel sheet of yours.

Thanks odinson, you gt my problem right! ill try exporting but i guess it won't resolve my problem.Ill try ....lets hope!

ngcoders said:
You wish to have task automation or task listing through the software ur looking for?

I require task automation....

glider said:
Thanks odinson, you gt my problem right! ill try exporting but i guess it won't resolve my problem.Ill try ....lets hope!

I require task automation....

all the best there, if u need any help just drop me a pm and i will try to see what i cand o... :)

Back