Torrent Accelerator

sunilyo

Adept
Hi everyone,

Since i can download at a max speed of 40 - 50 kbps on my office internet connection using bittorrent, i was wondering if there is any kind of accelerator available for torrent softwares.

Kindly advise.

regards - Sunil

man that was fast (the reply). thanks hanzy. my office is very small and there is no network administrator working for us except for a hardware person who is not that good.

If you say that its a small setup and u dont have a network admin and stuff , then i doubt it is port blocked....i had this discussion once with my network admin and work and he had told me that everything can be controlled via the router console and 'something' which i don't quite remember.....in your case it might be the multiple routes that your network must be taking or it must be just capped by your ISP itself......check a usual download and see what download speed u get over HTTP / FTP.

Also , there are various programs that claim that they will increase bandwidth and stuff , but then at the end of the day all they will do is get more and more of spywares and adwares on ur system........

there are no such things as accelerators for torrents....just make sure ur ports are forwarded correctly,maintain good ratios(1>)...cheers

Yes all those accelarating softwares don't even increase few kbpf instead thay decrease the speed when i tried :).
So the best to get full speeds is to first select the torrent with good health(more seeders) ,opening the port for the forwarding and finally allowing through firewalls

hanzy said:
u need to become best friends with ur office's network administrator :p

I manage our Network and I have full 2 Megs Line for me :D

The AMC Consultant sends noobs and I man handle them and they run away. :clap:

That's your best bet.

see if the tcp connections is patched and set to 80 or so... use xpantispy for it.

What i use for torrent max speed
1. patch max tcp connections to 80 and set the same in utorrent max_halfopen setting
2. select utorrent optimum setting for my 2mbps connection
3. encrypt protocol. limit max simultaneous download to 2
4. keep max upload rate to 75% of download rate
5. port forwarding and some settings related to no. of connection dont remember (moved to rapidshare)

find out the similiar settings for ur client....

yeah... private trackers or closed group/forum torrents help the speeds... another thing you can do is, go to torrentz and check for the torrent u want and then take trackers from all available sites (meaning download torrent file for the same from all available sites and add the trackers from it) and update it to see immediate boost in speed due to slow seeders....

go to torrentz and check for the torrent u want and then take trackers from all available sites

yes.. I do this too, it helps... also another thing I thought of..

Download and use Peer Guardian 2. Not only will it add a level of security for you, it will kick off ip's that are taking up bandwidth that you don't want to share with anyway.

OR instead of Peer Guardian (though I recommend it in general)

if you are using utorrent, you can download and use a blocklist with it now too.

Here is a site that has a very comprehensive list and links of different blocklists you can use... be careful which ones you use, and don't over do it or you won't be able to download anything ;)

Back