Torrent Download speed using BSNL EVDO

Hmm so tell us more, any obbservations, Whats good, whats bad??
Is the bill consistent??
Did u purchase the modem??
Can it run on a laptop??(Usb power requirements?)

Anything else??

Good: Speed is damn good at least i m getting full signals at home. but roaming in city i do get between 800-1500 Kbps.

Bad: I haven't faced anything yet.

I am yet to get my 1st bill. just activated on 24th July.

Yes I purchased the modem for 3500 Rs.

It is USB. you can run it on laptop as well as on PC.

thanks a lot man..will check out the local bsnl office in a few days..

BTW, Doesnt taking on rent seem much better??

Also, whats the upload speed(min, average and max in utorrent)??

Any fluctuations in speed according to time??

Max Upload speed you get on EV-DO is 153 Kbps. coz BSNL's EV-DO network is TIA-856 Rev 0.

I m not facing any speed issues at home. Torrents does take some time to reach 200+ KB. but if you are downloading from private tracker with good seeders getting 200+ KB is nowhere.

However during roaming in city where i do get 2 or 3 bar signals. speed fluctuates a lot 60-130 KB. but overall its worth it.

I think you should get it on the rent. check the signals and strength at your place and if you do get full speed then and only then purchase the modem.

evdo is a 3g technology which available in very few select area cities in the country , if it is available therotically u can get a speed of 2.4mbps , but if evdo is not available u will get speed of 144 kbps (cdma 1x) as far as i knw it is available all over kerela, and few other cities. cisco in which city do you live ?

cisco_tech said:
Max Upload speed you get on EV-DO is 153 Kbps. coz BSNL's EV-DO network is TIA-856 Rev 0.

I m not facing any speed issues at home. Torrents does take some time to reach 200+ KB. but if you are downloading from private tracker with good seeders getting 200+ KB is nowhere.

However during roaming in city where i do get 2 or 3 bar signals. speed fluctuates a lot 60-130 KB. but overall its worth it.

I think you should get it on the rent. check the signals and strength at your place and if you do get full speed then and only then purchase the modem.

Max upoad is sad..:(
I went to the bsnl office, The guy there said EVDO will be available in a month.. Said, he can arrange for demo at my place..:eek:hyeah:
@Cisco: Whats the distance between your place and the nearest bsnl tower??

rock8549 said:
evdo is a 3g technology which available in very few select area cities in the country , if it is available therotically u can get a speed of 2.4mbps , but if evdo is not available u will get speed of 144 kbps (cdma 1x) as far as i knw it is available all over kerela, and few other cities. cisco in which city do you live ?

Hey, I read on some site that there is a tower at Tripunithura, which is pretty near my place. There is some list of EVDO towers .. though I am not sure about the URL. If it is really that good, I may get it .. getting rid of my crappy Asianet Dataline ( 384 kbps at Rs. 880/- +taxes per mo. :mad: ) .

Hey guys i got my EVDO connection a couple of days back(Indore).
Now when i am trying to download stuff from utorrent i am not getting speeds above 10kbps as the port is not getting forwarded.
Can any body help me with that?
PS:-i am using Kaspersky anti-virus.

Back