Car & Bike totally confused about which bike to choose

loverboy jai

Disciple
m from blore.. m planning to purchase a bike and m a college student.. so please help me out.. i've 3 bikes in mind Bajaj pulsar200 or yamaha FZ16 or royal enfield thunder bird....????which one i want to purchase..??? no matter abt the budget...

thanks in advance...

Maintenance would be in this order I presume.

200 > Enfield > Fz (highest to lowest)

Why not get the karizma if you have the budget? More reliable than all these bikes, more city friendly than the enfield, and as fast if not faster than all these. The fz has terrible fuel efficiency for a 150cc. For long rides et all, its a b**ch.

Myth_Pharoah said:
Maintenance would be in this order I presume.
200 > Enfield > Fz (highest to lowest)
Why not get the karizma if you have the budget? More reliable than all these bikes, more city friendly than the enfield, and as fast if not faster than all these. The fz has terrible fuel efficiency for a 150cc. For long rides et all, its a b**ch.

one of my freind having karizma so not interest in karizma..:S

How tall and well-built are you? No, seriously.

Because I have seen some tall and hefty people ride the FZ-16 and it looks like some Gorilla is riding a tricycle.

If you are the short~medium (read average) built Indian, FZ -16 is a good choice.

If you are the tall hefty (read Khali) built Indian, Royal Enfield would look great on you.

^^^ My point too. Plus also specify what kind of rider are you.

Enfield works well if you want to cruise on the highway all day long.

FZ16 is meant to be ripped off like hell. Sports machine

P200 can do kind of both.

Plus all three will have Fuel Economy in range of 30-40 depending on how throttle friendly are you.

Hope this helped.

In case of any more queries post them here.

Cheers,

MHI

Always first try out personally which bike you are comfortable in. Do not ever purchase a bike just because your friend or your neighbour said so...

Go to their showroom and try out those 3 bikes, then shortlist it according to your budget then buy it.

Personally I would have gone for P200.

akatsukireborn said:
How tall and well-built are you? No, seriously.

Because I have seen some tall and hefty people ride the FZ-16 and it looks like some Gorilla is riding a tricycle.

If you are the short~medium (read average) built Indian, FZ -16 is a good choice.

If you are the tall hefty (read Khali) built Indian, Royal Enfield would look great on you.

i'll go with read average(fz16)... coz m 170cms and an avg built..and i heard tat FZ16 giving fuel eff of 45+ in city and 50 +in highway.. is this true..?

^^^Not true. The FZ sports the widest rear tyre on Indian roads at a 140 section. So if you are actually eying that much fuel efficiency you will be disappointed.

Infact even the other two wont give you average beyond 40 Km/L in city and 45-50 on highway, even if you have very light throttle and dont accelerate or decelerate too much.

Being a college student with pocketmoney I would suggest you to weigh your priorities first and then take the plunge. At your height and build Royal enfield is out of question.

motorheadinc said:
^^^Not true. The FZ sports the widest rear tyre on Indian roads at a 140 section. So if you are actually eying that much fuel efficiency you will be disappointed.
Infact even the other two wont give you average beyond 40 Km/L in city and 45-50 on highway, even if you have very light throttle and dont accelerate or decelerate too much.
Being a college student with pocketmoney I would suggest you to weigh your priorities first and then take the plunge. At your height and build Royal enfield is out of question.

thanks.. actually some riders of fz16 told tat they r getting 40+km/ltr in city.. so i just clarified...even i went shocked :huh: wen they told this to me...

m little heavy built so i choosed thunder bird... k for my height i know it wont suits me.... :(

Back