Toughest FPS you've ever played.

Doom 3 in later stages was pretty tough as well and ofcourse quake 3 on toughest difficulty :D

@Mods : Move this thread to the gaming section.

I did not find Far Cry Tough. It just has very badly placed save points. Sometimes a new check point appears after you have killed a few goons and sometimes it appears after you have been through a war.

For me "Operation Flashpoint" is the toughest game till date!
Farcry was tough but I was able to complete some of its stages without any cheats and all that. Later I got bored with this "Jungle all the way" story and I dumped the game.

well for me it was RE3 not because it was tough but because two problems i had with my (*ahem)version
1. it was in chinese(or japanese lol) made it a lil harder to figure out clues and stuff
2. the save option was currupt so as soon as i close the game i lost all the progress so i had to start from the begining everytime. and constant power cuts didn't help much, whenever i got a lil ahead wham.. and my sys reboots ahh i remember now thats when i dumped the UPS in the trash
Took me 2 yrs(lol) to finish the game like this and now I can finish the game in less than 1 hr and 15 mins flat start to finish
still play that when i have had too much of blind/tactical shooters

As for the FPS i would say I find the Quake 3 and similar types harder as you need to use your skill more as compared to the normal fps like max payne fear and everything like that as in these games it is easier to figure out a pattern and work according to that .....

Having said that I haven't played farcry yet (will play that soon considering the popularity here) and may have to eat my words after that but I doubt it.
Leo

Well i guess we are going 7 votes for FarCry 8 for all other games put together. Woah that really makes it the toughest game ever i guess.

ROCKFELLA said:
Well i guess we are going 7 votes for FarCry 8 for all other games put together. Woah that really makes it the toughest game ever i guess.
Or the only damn game available in this silly poll :rofl:.

Or the only blind dudd reading this thread? :rofl:

Please mention the FPS games you think were difficult for you. Please mention the games you found tough.

saumilsingh said:
Or the only damn game available in this silly poll :rofl:.

Half Life 1 was tough. Far Cry in Challenging mode made me mad for a while. Rainbow Six Raven Shield(the level with the pistol where one has to maintain cover or lose the level)...I couldn't finish it.

But IMO, some of the earlier DOS games I've played where one couldn't save the level were really really tough. I don't know how many of you have played these but Mortal Kombat for eg...I had to play and finish it in one setting. I tried so many times before I finished. Alladin is another game that comes to mind. I had to hack into memory and freeze my lives till I finished. I was so scared that the power might go or I wouldn't finish by night(I had a curfew then :p ). Gosh I miss those times. Don't have patience nowadays and I could never play these again.

You guys have it easy nowadays with your fancy saves 'n all nice gfx :bleh: .

FarCry is very tough at the end with all those big trigens bombing missiles in all directions.Used cheats to finish it off !!

Back