1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
5 months (till September 2021)
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Upgraded hence not using anymore
Hi,
Selling TP Link Router as no longer required anymore. Bought in September 2018 with 3 yrs warranty, pslip attached for same. Has USB 2.0, supports 4G dongle's, has 5ghz ac wifi, supports guest mode, parental controls etc. Original bill, box and accessories included. Feels like new save for some scratches on top of the router due to routine wiping. Covers a 2bhk more than adequately, cannot be used as an AP. LAN ports support only 100Mbps and not 1000Mbps.

Manufacturer Page
Supports sharing internet via 3G/4G Dongle (Including Jiofi)

Price negotiable, UPI payment also accepted.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_174520.jpg
    IMG_20210409_174520.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_20210409_174852.jpg
    IMG_20210409_174852.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_20210409_174511.jpg
    IMG_20210409_174511.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_20210409_175053.jpg
    IMG_20210409_175053.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
If I am not wrong a noteworthy thing regarding this great router is that the lan ports aren't gigabit they can't give you speeds more than 100mbps.
Been usi g it since about a year and very very happy with its performance.

Another free bump along with the lan port Info for all. [emoji106]

Reactions: rr9
Cannot be used as an AP.
Almost all routers can be used as AP even if it is not supported in the firmware. You just need to configure the WiFi normally and then plug the ethernet cable in any of the LAN port (not WAN port).

Even the Binatone BSNL ADSL Modem/Router can be used as an AP in the above configuration. It'll just act as a switch with AP.

Almost all routers can be used as AP even if it is not supported in the firmware. You just need to configure the WiFi normally and then plug the ethernet cable in any of the LAN port (not WAN port).

Even the Binatone BSNL ADSL Modem/Router can be used as an AP in the above configuration. It'll just act as a switch with AP.
I meant wireless AP, but can't edit my original post now. There's no dd wrt support for this, so no way for this to be used as a repeater or wireless access point (yep, no such mode or setting in the firmware as well).

Yes, I was talking about Wireless AP only.
I don't think so, as there is no option in the firmware for it to specifically repeat an already existing signal, or be a wireless AP. I'll be happy to share screenshots of all options in the firmware.
And just to be clear, what I mean by wireless AP/repeater is that it connects to an already existing wifi signal and then amplifies it further. After much research on this specific model, I believe that it is incapable of it.

And yes, I agree that even the most basic routers have this wireless ap/repeater functionality - I'm using an ancient cheapo Digisol 802.11n router for that purpose. If this router would have been able to function as a wireless repeater, it would not have been up for sale, and the Digisol would have been instead.

Repeater is different, Access Point is different.
For it to work in Repeater mode, firmware support is needed.

For it to work as AP, no firmware support is required. I've included a guide as how to do it in my post above.

Repeater is different, Access Point is different.
For it to work in Repeater mode, firmware support is needed.

For it to work as AP, no firmware support is required. I've included a guide as how to do it in my post above.
Will go through the guide and get back to you. Thanks for the help, much appreciated! :)

Basically you need to reset the MR3620, connect to it, configure the WiFi, set password and all.
Assuming your main Router is 192.168.1.1, manually set the LAN IP of MR3620 to something out of DHCP range of your main router and disable the DHCP of MR3620. After that connect LAN to LAN port of both. Done.

PS: I guess Digisol 802.11n is on the market now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back