Trading and Investing - Beginner

Abh1shek

Disciple
Hi

I've just turned 18, and have decided that I want to start investing, and trading in the stock market. I am complete newbie to this whole world, so I want some guidance. Any websites out there, that can help me get started? I've heard about virtual markets online? Should I start there? How exactly do I go about registering with a broker, and start trading?

Thanks

visit traderji.com that site can help u best. Go for icicidirect if u have a/c with icici or else go for religare demat. Although any broker co. can associate any bank account with them.

Make sure you have a PAN card as its necessary now, if not then visit indian govt website and register..you'll get it within 2 weeks. (great service!)

Cheers

Do it online, best way IMO, you can keep track even if you are on the move. Dont bother looking for a broker. PAN and other documents will be required. Wherever you get the account opened will tell you the requisite documents.

Welcome to world of investments and trading, glad to see fellow youngster getting into trading. All the best.

Frankly, paper investments are limited in what they can do for you. The key to getting rich is "cashflow" and not "capital gains". Since dividends are not really big in a developing nation like India, you might want to look beyond the presently hugely inflated equity markets to be a great investor. :) . Just my 2 cents ... :)

Neotheone said:
Frankly, paper investments are limited in what they can do for you. The key to getting rich is "cashflow" and not "capital gains". Since dividends are not really big in a developing nation like India, you might want to look beyond the presently hugely inflated equity markets to be a great investor. :) . Just my 2 cents ... :)

Being the absolute novice that I am, I didn't get your post at all :)

since u total noob ill say...u start serious trading or putting money from diwali till than learn basics

First make a dummy profile on rediff .com

Now u add to your profile shares as if u bought it...also make sure to your buying price add 0.7% around as stt,brokers commission etc...same while u decide to sell....make that profile say u want to invest 25k...u buy 5 shares of 5k each on any random day...and than track whether u making a decent return enough (more than what bank fds offer in a year) if so sell and deduct 15% on your profit(STCG) and see whether u still make 10% on your total investment...If so i guess u are ready enough to put your money in market

Regarding short selling and all ill say better avoid ...u will learn about it own your own once u make a loss in one transaction in future ...i know no one wants to make loss but thats the best way to learn

one advice.. its all about timing.. when to buy a stock and when to sell...

a friend of mine invested 1.5L on a petty stock and made 70L in a year.. and that's no kidding... damn he booked a flat out of it...

if only that idiot had tipped me off... but then i doubt i would have brought any petty stocks... :(

my present orgn restricts me from buying selling shares. i think its time i start using benami accounts.. you know what i mean.... ;)

regards neo

Thanks OP for starting this thread! I'm interested too. Total n00b. So what is the first step? I think for online trading we need a current account right?

neomustdie said:
one advice.. its all about timing.. when to buy a stock and when to sell...

a friend of mine invested 1.5L on a petty stock and made 70L in a year.. and that's no kidding... damn he booked a flat out of it...

if only that idiot had tipped me off... but then i doubt i would have brought any petty stocks... :(

my present orgn restricts me from buying selling shares. i think its time i start using benami accounts.. you know what i mean.... ;)

regards neo

Sorry u in which job cant crack that

Penny stocks u mean....

Man its damn possible but u never know how will it turn....

Lets take my e.g....I invested 6k in a stock in july last year...i cleared my holding in it once it reached 8k...since it was penny i wasnt expecting it to give even 100%.....But was more than happy i made something....But that stock never stopped.....So far if i had stayed invested at present market rate i would have been sitting on 1600% return...according to present market that same share of 6k is worth 1 lakh....if invested 1.5lakh on that stock it would had been 24 lakhs.....your friend made 70.....May be he knows how the penny stock works.....

And your friend made super duper profit..u never know

Sometimes the table also turns.....Your friend did the wise thing of investing that money in reality rather than market again

BLueren Its not compulsory or u need current account for stocks u can use your saving accounts

WARNING: refrain from subscribing to shady services that promise you to make crorepati overnight by giving trading calls. this is the first pitfall many noobs make and end up loosing soo much.

* visit traderji.com and inditraders.com both are great community... read the beginner's section and broker comparison threads there.

* don't rush with your cash, do play with virtual games like monebhai investor (moneycontrol.com) and sharebaazi (economictimes.com)

_

Praks said:
Guys,

Here is one more forum - IndianProfits.com-Discussion Forum Of The Indian Stock Market

It says Reg disabled :( why so.

Thanks for the link

It looks like a bunch of brokers carrying the site(more interested in making money than sharing knowledge)...In ipo they giving details about every ipo even the one like ganesh jewelerrry which is 60% down from issue price...U wont see same in traderji.....If u want to learn traderji is best...if u want to see calls indianprofit may help but u cant ask question

I guess dalalstreet is another good site

Btw today market might fall on global cues...time to invest 5-10% of your investment amount in market

Neotheone said:

really cryptic and confusing! :S

are you implying realty?

Guys,

Can you please share which broker are you using & brokerage rate you pay ?

I got a deal on Angel which offers 3 paisa intraday & 30 paisa delivery. Any better deal then this ?

Back