Trading and Investing - Beginner

Praks said:
Guys,

Can you please share which broker are you using & brokerage rate you pay ?

I got a deal on Angel which offers 3 paisa intraday & 30 paisa delivery. Any better deal then this ?

It all depends on your volume.....If u can give better volume u can even reduce that....I am long time trader plus stuck with banking demat...so every stock i buy 0.69% is lost extra

Btw how do u buy via third party demat....do u have to transfer amount from main bank to your demat?
Also do u have to submit any slip to your bank when u buy a stock???

I'm with Indiabulls, brokerage is 0.5 delivery and 0.05 intraday, but anyway I don't have volumes so did not bother to get that reduced.

not much of an active trader. just in the learning stage. btw their trading software (PIB) is awesome, fast and works with linux also.

@magnet

yes we have to transfer funds from our bank account to the trading account if you are going with a dedicated broker house instead of the banks.

you can give a POA to operate your demat account (for the trades that you do through your broker) to your broker so that you can avoid the written slip hassles.

_

neomustdie said:
a friend of mine invested 1.5L on a petty stock and made 70L in a year.. and that's no kidding... damn he booked a flat out of it...

my present orgn restricts me from buying selling shares. i think its time i start using benami accounts.. you know what i mean.... ;)

Are you talking about kwality dairy :)

traderji look good site...

I suggest first try virtual trading method.

Before investing know How much money your going to invest ?

How much lost you take...

DigitalDude said:
@magnet

yes we have to transfer funds from our bank account to the trading account if you are going with a dedicated broker house instead of the banks.

you can give a POA to operate your demat account (for the trades that you do through your broker) to your broker so that you can avoid the written slip hassles.

_

But does that mean my broker can transfer sum from my say hdfc bank account to trading account to carry his own trades ?

Which we do hear many times...

Or Its like bill desk verisign type stuff your trading site transfers u to another domain that is of bank and from there your transfer takes place?

Hacker said:
Are you talking about kwality dairy :)

Hmm i did a short analysis on it(kwality dairy)...even if had bought at the lowest value it reached and have sold at highest point which it touched....(which is impossible to guess both correctly at same time).....1.5 lakh in that particular stock would had been 26 lakh 50 thousand buck.....Ill say the 70 lakh figure looks too much inflated or may be it has to do with serious insider trading or some old stock bought and which might have got relisted....

I have heard people traveling in mercedes and deal in stocks which are not listed like they buy 10000-15000 shares at re 1 per shares.....than with that company they list it in market and manipulate it till it reaches 10-15 target and than sells again delist......i havent seen it personally but my friend told about his uncle buying dcb shares when it wasnt listed and after few months it got listed and touched 160 level that time ....it was 30 buks share which people had got and they sold it for 10-20 buks that time physically

Btw a small tip if a share is going to get splitted try to invest in it as soon as u get the news.....same is the story with kwality dairy and even tatia global ventures where i had invested and if had stayed 6.5k would had worth 1 lakh today in 6 months(though tatia news of splitting came when it was 110 ...i had bought it at 16 and the stock reached 209 before splitting...even a person would doubled his money in 2-3 months)

Note:::It may not come true for all stock....i have just taken 2 random stocks and did analysis on it.....need to check others....donot follow my practice blindly

May I take this oppurtunity to suggest a marvelous site, Welcome to Investopedia.com there you will learn all that is there to learn, it is one of the best sites that imparts knowledge, also try Indian Stock Market >> Sensex >> Nifty >> Stock Prices >> Stock Recommendations >> Hot Stocks >> Stock Market Investing >> BSE >> NSE >> Derivatives >> Market Statistics >> Most Active Shares >> Penny Stocks India >> BSE index and securities informat and read up on the financial info there. :)
First get to know about the business and then make up your mind as to the broker etc, ask me if you need any help, I am into equities since a very long time :)

MAGNeT said:
But does that mean my broker can transfer sum from my say hdfc bank account to trading account to carry his own trades ?

Which we do hear many times...

Or Its like bill desk verisign type stuff your trading site transfers u to another domain that is of bank and from there your transfer takes place?

they can't touch your bank account. you will be taken to the bank's netbanking gateway to transfer funds. or you could just issue them a cheque :ashamed:

and the POA is only for operataing the demat account and you will get a sms confirmation whenever shares are sold from your demat account (this has been made mandatory by SEBI for demat accounts operated with a POA i.e. by your broker)

------------------------------------------------------

and btw don't go by the performances of one or two stocks, there might be a lot of market players/manipulators behind it ready to exploit the general mindsets of traders. one will know lot about these nuances/risks after some exposure to trading forums...

_

Investing and trading are two different sets of games.

I personally would suggest you take some time to search, read and understand all the basics, do some virtual trading or investing in the beginning.

First off, decide how much capital you can employ. It should be money you can afford to lose in entirety. Start small, do some trades/investing, get more knowledge and as your confidence grows, add more money. This method can take some time to boot off. But, this will also save you in the long run.

Read (a lot), Research (stock if investing or charts if trading) and Reap (the profits)

Well its you who is transferring the money to demat, Dont even allow them to touch your bank A/c

Best is never share your user ID & pass with them for trading. You can sit for 10 mints & purchase your own unless you are in intraday.

Angel broking's ODIN is very good too. Just looking for good brokerage.

Guys, Anyone paying below 3 & 30 paisa ?

Praks said:
Well its you who is transferring the money to demat, Dont even allow them to touch your bank A/c

Best is never share your user ID & pass with them for trading. You can sit for 10 mints & purchase your own unless you are in intraday.

Angel broking's ODIN is very good too. Just looking for good brokerage.

Guys, Anyone paying below 3 & 30 paisa ?

Praks ask your broker....no one will give u cheap rates unless u say u give them volume like 15-20 lakh trading per month etc.....

U are already getting good rates...

Earlier relaince money started 1 paisa scheme i guess but once people were settled with them and yearley less than 5 lakh rupee trade they started bombing them with high expense and since low trader they were not ready to shift their demat too others as they found it cumbersome

MAGNeT said:
Praks ask your broker....no one will give u cheap rates unless u say u give them volume like 15-20 lakh trading per month etc.....

U are already getting good rates...

Earlier relaince money started 1 paisa scheme i guess but once people were settled with them and yearley less than 5 lakh rupee trade they started bombing them with high expense and since low trader they were not ready to shift their demat too others as they found it cumbersome

well man try angle broking and sharekhan if u ready to give 50000 which u can use for share trading they will give u .1 paisa and .10 paisa. its really wild out there now and they are giving whatever they can to get customer.

I am using .1 paisa and on intra day and 5 paisa on deliv with angle broking by just giving 50000 which i am using for trading too

even I just turned 18 and am looking to invest I am currently tryign to learn fron traderjee and stockguidance.blogspot.com

delguy19 said:
well man try angle broking and sharekhan if u ready to give 50000 which u can use for share trading they will give u .1 paisa and .10 paisa. its really wild out there now and they are giving whatever they can to get customer.

I am using .1 paisa and on intra day and 5 paisa on deliv with angle broking by just giving 50000 which i am using for trading too

U mean 50000 rupee trading per month?

if so what say if u trade say about 45k this month will they charge high ?

MAGNeT said:
U mean 50000 rupee trading per month?

if so what say if u trade say about 45k this month will they charge high ?

Well no i opened my account and my balance is 50k and i am not doing tradinng for 50k a months nothing not even 10k lol and still no high charges. call angle brock and ask

delguy19 said:
Well no i opened my account and my balance is 50k and i am not doing tradinng for 50k a months nothing not even 10k lol and still no high charges. call angle brock and ask

Is it Pre paid account ?

Can anyone tell me what basic diff b/w Prepaid & post paid ?

Praks said:
Can anyone tell me what basic diff b/w Prepaid & post paid ?

Its actually for trading or traders who buy and sell each day...on intraday basis....I havent used it but its related to that i know...like 8000 rs per month as brokerage for any number or particular number of transaction and so on....

I asked Angel. it seems they take 25000 Rs for prepaid which will be their comission for future, You cant use it for trading, all your brokerage will be cut from this money.

Its like 25000 Rs paid in advance for brokerage. Now sure if Angel guy was even not clear.

Can anyone clarify ?

Praks said:
I asked Angel. it seems they take 25000 Rs for prepaid which will be their comission for future, You cant use it for trading, all your brokerage will be cut from this money.

Its like 25000 Rs paid in advance for brokerage. Now sure if Angel guy was even not clear.

Can anyone clarify ?

Well i dont understand i have account with angle brok i have demat cum trading account i gave them 50000 and i am using that 50000 for trading and already sell and buy many times just with that 50k and what all profits i get i transfer to my bank account. i dont understand what plan they are telling and what plans you are asking

Back