Tragedy with Revo Uninstallers

As much as I hate sending data to Microsoft, having OneDrive backup for all my primary folders as part of the Office 365 subscription has been a life saver.

I had a near miss with Revo uninstaller as well since I used the advanced scan for a Windows Store app and it broke the Store itself with the registry entries deletion. No longer delete registry entries for Store apps now and have to make sure to double check the folders being deleted.

Destruction is planned in this way.

It won't work now as the system or the tools deep hive is already infected & one needs to clean its every registry key & get rid of other triggering keys elsewhere.
Also, task scheduler & hidden startup stuff which cannot be visible easily..
I was asking you to try this with a legit download of Revo and see if the same happens to you? I tried, but all the installers I had had checks to prevent installation if no subfolder was specified.

I had a near miss with Revo uninstaller as well since I used the advanced scan for a Windows Store app and it broke the Store itself with the registry entries deletion. No longer delete registry entries for Store apps now and have to make sure to double check the folders being deleted.
The few files/registry entries left behind after standard uninstallation is not worth the risk of Revo blindly deleting stuff.

As much as I hate sending data to Microsoft, having OneDrive backup for all my primary folders as part of the Office 365 subscription has been a life saver.

On a brand new laptop of somebody else, I saw that they had Office 2010 and 365 installed simultaneously. They had no use for 365 let alone paying for it. So I used Revo to uninstall the 365 and somehow Revo was showing all of Office 2010 directory files and registry entries with post install advance/deep cleanup or whatever that is.

I had almost selected all and deleted everything. Almost. Thankfully a little presence of mind saved me and them the trouble.

I was hoping i could atleast get my logos and yt videos. Download my own own videos from yt and uploading on insta will effect the quality.
Recovery is possible iff you haven't written any new files to the partition after revo nuked it.

The reason HDD recovery works is because files aren't actually deleted, the bits are still there, just the references from the partition are deleted, and the space is marked as available to be written over. If you now write anything on the same partition (physical space), you're likely going to be writing over deleted file contents, corrupting the deleted file. Never write anything to the partition that you're trying to recover data from, and this includes setting the recovery path in the same partition. Most recovery apps show this warning, but popup blindness is a thing.

All this is useless if you're using an SSD, as they're not very transparent about physical nand <> logical addresses, and the controller can remap it accordingly. And if your OS issues a TRIM to the SSD any time after deletion, pretty much impossible to recover.

The purpose of so many words, always keep backups.

Recovery is possible iff you haven't written any new files to the partition after revo nuked it.

The reason HDD recovery works is because files aren't actually deleted, the bits are still there, just the references from the partition are deleted, and the space is marked as available to be written over. If you now write anything on the same partition (physical space), you're likely going to be writing over deleted file contents, corrupting the deleted file. Never write anything to the partition that you're trying to recover data from, and this includes setting the recovery path in the same partition. Most recovery apps show this warning, but popup blindness is a thing.

All this is useless if you're using an SSD, as they're not very transparent about physical nand <> logical addresses, and the controller can remap it accordingly. And if your OS issues a TRIM to the SSD any time after deletion, pretty much impossible to recover.

The purpose of so many words, always keep backups.
Yeah it was an SSD. all they recovery software show me the files names but after recovery not even one files work.
Photorec did help with a couple of pictures but those were just family pictures and SS.
I have given up on recovery now. Will make a new logo today. and get a new drive for backup purpose.

Yeah it was an SSD. all they recovery software show me the files names but after recovery not even one files work.
Photorec did help with a couple of pictures but those were just family pictures and SS.
I have given up on recovery now. Will make a new logo today. and get a new drive for backup purpose.
Some deletions/formatting overrides the sectors and fills the data with empty chunks hence you can see your data but when you recover its just only a file name with zero bytes!
This behavior occurs when the data gets wiped due to a virus/malware attack.
Also, depends upon which data wipe/erasing technique was used...you may learn here

Last edited:
Back