Transmission cross-seeding on Pogoplug

distro

Adept
Transmission cross-seeding on Pogoplug

Installed transmission-cli as per instructions on the archlinarm guides. Its a ver 2.50-1

Now, i tried cross-seeding, downloaded a small file from x-tracker and uploaded the torrent file(after properly editing it with y-tracker url) on y-tracker, but, when i try to upload the y-tracker torrent to transmission to commence seeding, transmission gives me "duplicate torrent" ; since i am still seeding the x-tracker torrent to prevent HnR

i tried changing the filename for second tracker, but no use. Only after i remove the first tracker torrent file from transmission, i am able to upload the y-tracker torrent to transmission and it starts seeding immediately.

rtorrent never gave this problem.

Any suggestions ?

Yeah transmission is like that though it works sometimes when the hash parts of files are different on x and y.

You must install 2.42 it's better than 2.50 you will have to do it manually

AFAIK you need to create a torrent with different "piece size" . Worked for me on my DD_WRT and other torrent clients that I have used.

Thanks for the input, actually I am just editing my y tracker URL on the original torrent, as there is no option of making torrent in transmission.

Or is it there in your transmission GUI ?Man, I couldn't find the "create torrent" option in transmission GUI. How do u guys make torrent file in your transmission.I found a link For installing 2.42. Will that be okay for cross seeding without changing peice size ?How do I phase 2.42 over 2.50 ? Like uninstall 2.5 first and then install 2.42 similar to the 2.5 guide Let me look for the uninstall command
<

Well actually my XHD dies on me about months ago so I don't have a transmission setup currently so I don't remember exactly if the GUI had it or not . All I can say that you have the data on your external HDD right ? Then just make the torrent using u torrent or alike on your PC[with different piece size] and then try cross seeding .

Let me try that, transferring file to my PC , make torrent with diff size an then transfer to transmission.

This process is a lengthy one, hopefully workarounds will be found
<

Ok, As the pogo drive was mapped, i used utorrent to create new torrent with different piece size and it worked.

Thanks both of you
<

Loving the Pogoplug :)

why don't you use a different client with more options? like qBittorrent or uTorrent(wine?) or Deluge

if i were you i would install Windows on pogoplug

if you are worried about resources, i am using Windows 7 Lite v4 on my 8 year old Laptop

windows environment will give you a better maneuverability i think

but then you could also install rTorrent if you are comfortable with it, but it uses more resources

I don't think I will be able to install windows on pogoplug.

The above issue has been sorted out. I will try the other clients, rtorrent was my fav, but the repo has only rtorrent, there's no rutorrent for archarm.

the pogoplug is a cloud thing right ? i downloaded it on my pc and its a software which can be used for hosting files etc. Where does the torrent thing come into play ?

Back