Traveling to USA - Few Questions

If anyone has earlier traveled to Newark (EWR) and connected to a domestic US flight then please let me know if 2Hr20Min is adequate. I know that for US Citizens and US passport holders there are usually more counters and hence faster processing. With an infant any chance I will get expedited processing ?
I checked the united flight and it lands from Mumbai at Terminal C and departure of domestic flight is from Terminal A at EWR. I am not sure if I am going to Travel in this flight but good to know if this Itenary is offered.
Will I have to take my luggage in the air train to Terminal A by myself and check in or there is a way to do it on terminal C ('where the flight arrives) before boarding at terminal A.

My experience at Newark is from 4 years ago so things could have changed. BOM-EWR-MIA(Miami) on Continental. Flight reached at 5:00 am and connecting flight to Miami was at 7:00am Due to immigration issues (Work Permit dates were wrong) wasted a little time trying to explain things to the immigration officer. Reached in time for the flight, but transferring bags was a hassle Luckily it was 100 metres from big pickup to drop off. The bags ended up coming 8 hours later and were delivered to the hotel. The second visit was Air India to EWR and Delta t Miami. Had a good 4 hour layover, which was great as I had to change terminals.

Newark Airport can be a pain in the butt sometimes. They don't really care how old or young one is. Once you're in that line you're just another person trying to get into the country. To be on the safe side keep 3 hours if it's the same Terminal and 4 if it's another. Since you have a baby with you t's definitely better to have that extra time.

Guys,
I didnt wanted to start a new thread but realted to baggage allowances .

Most airlines that dictate the size of the bag( maximum linear dimensions) also count the wheel ?

My bag has quite broad and height of the wheel is also little above average making it little more than required size if we count the wheel.

Any idea if these airlines count the wheel also .

Guys,
I didnt wanted to start a new thread but realted to baggage allowances .

Most airlines that dictate the size of the bag( maximum linear dimensions) also count the wheel ?

My bag has quite broad and height of the wheel is also little above average making it little more than required size if we count the wheel.

Any idea if these airlines count the wheel also .

Is this check-in or hand bag? Checkin should be fine (weight based) but hand bag they place it in a "cage" like compartment to check it fits inside it so you might face problems.

checkin.
thanks .
generally bag size most airlines have is 158cm mine is coming to 172cm

I guess it's best to find a definitive answer on the your airline(s) website(s) itself (whichever you booked ticket) they will spell out the current baggage rules - my experience was from many years ago with a couple of airlines - things can change and vary between airlines.

Back