Treadmill

Party Monger

Skilled
Im looking for a good treadmill.
Main usage is for parents -60+ Who will walk at 2-3 speed. Would prefer a wider belt if possible so they are not cramped while walking.
(Diabetes, BP etc with no option of going out for walks) Speed will be slow.
Others could also use. I used to run on treadmills till 11-12 speeds.

So Looking to buy a decent one, perhaps the best VFM. Need good service. Location - Nagpur. Dont mind buying online or offline.
Most of the brands online have terrible reviews.
Budget - 10k to 30k. With option to stretch a little more if im getting a good machine with service.

For something as big as treadmill, look at shops locally than online. Go try it out and whatever feels best within budget, go with that.
you'll get after sales service as well. Someone from Nagpur specifically will have to comment on particulars.

There are no nationally well distributed treadmill company that have service options in different cities.

Mostly treadmills are bought and never used as it is intended to be. The charm of it wears off in couple of months as it becomes monotonous and boring. If it is for aged people please take them to the store and check if they are comfortable using it.

Any Suggestions, I still havent purchased the Treadmill yet. Looking for good options around 30K. Lower or higher depending on VFM.
My honest opinion after having used most gym equipments for more than a decade: don't buy treadmill. Buy elliptical instead.

Treadmill =/= plain walking/running. Treadmill has high impact on knees. Low impact treadmill which are better for simulating natural walking/running motion are super rare, super expensive and may not available in India. Also, 99% of people don't even know how to run which makes things worse for knees. When I'm preparing for deadlift/squat PRs, I stop using treadmills in that month.

Treadmill only trains your lower body. Whereas elliptical not only stimulates your lower body but it also uses your chest, back, biceps, triceps (most upper body muscles). And It doesn't ruin knees. Maintenance should be much less for elliptical.
The charm of it wears off in couple of months as it becomes monotonous and boring.
This is true. That's why it's very important to include entertainment with your treadmill. You need to install a small TV in front of it with saas bahu serials on it.

Treadmill only trains your lower body. Whereas elliptical not only stimulates your lower body but it also uses your chest, back, biceps, triceps (most upper body muscles). And It doesn't ruin knees. Maintenance should be much less for elliptical.
Yes this is very true. Elliptical has lower number of moving parts that rub together. So far more of them are functional after a decade. Treadmills need maintenance very frequently. Also, many ellipticals can run without electricity and display can be powered by simple batteries that will last long.

Although elderly folk will feel imbalanced on elliptical initially, but that will be true for treadmill as well. The ground you are standing on starts moving - feels weird. Elliptical may seem unnatural and people get against it, but elliptical is better in most cases.

I mostly need it for slow cardio for parents. Speed 3-4max. I run at 8-12 sometimes.
My honest opinion after having used most gym equipments for more than a decade: don't buy treadmill. Buy elliptical instead.

Treadmill =/= plain walking/running. Treadmill has high impact on knees. Low impact treadmill which are better for simulating natural walking/running motion are super rare, super expensive and may not available in India. Also, 99% of people don't even know how to run which makes things worse for knees. When I'm preparing for deadlift/squat PRs, I stop using treadmills in that month.

This is true. That's why it's very important to include entertainment with your treadmill. You need to install a small TV in front of it with saas bahu serials on it.
So basically there's no option. I've come to that conclusion many times, i mostly agree with you. Mostly need it for exercising for parents to lower sugar.

Back