Trek the Himalayas - Roopkund trek - Advise needed

Dont carry O2 cylinders on your own. At such heights, packets & bottled materials expand so its not safe. let the organizer take care of it. they usually carry O2 cylinders.
My suggestion is to pay the extra 2k and enjoy your trek. but if you want the full tough experience, carry your rucksack.

Read up on AMS ( Acute mountain sickness ) and precautions & symptoms.
Thanks. I do want a good experience in terms of photography. Don't want to miss shots just because I was carrying a 50 pounder on my back. Maybe porter is the way to go for the main rucksack, and me carrying a DSLR bag with some extra goodies ?

Thanks. I do want a good experience in terms of photography. Don't want to miss shots just because I was carrying a 50 pounder on my back. Maybe porter is the way to go for the main rucksack, and me carrying a DSLR bag with some extra goodies ?
important point to remember.... batteries shit on you at cold temps. try to carry extra. atleast 2 extra. and most of the villages don't have electricity.

Yup no charging points on this trek. Carry the DSLR & wide angle lens.
You will get amazing shots.

Yes still there. skulls n very long bones compared to normal humans. They were very tall people.
oh! is that roopkund? my friend is from a village very close to this place. He was always saying something about the valley of big skulls We are going there this Oct when I come to India. :D
never realized it :)

Back