TrimGUI : Trim SSD drives.

PoBoy

Skilled
This is a GUI for the Windows TRIM command ( defrag drive: /L ).
WIndows normally does this once a week.
AutoIt script. Source provided.

Capture_2023-07-21_081532.jpg

This program is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied.

Last edited:
Source was included.
Deleted since it is apparently not appreciated here.
You can upload the source to Github and link it here. People, who see a need of it, will download and use and those who do not need it can ignore it just as happily. In this specific use case, I believe SSD TRIM is automatically handled by Windows so we do not need to worry about it at all.

Source was included.
Deleted since it is apparently not appreciated here.
You just have to make it clear whether you're advertising this app or showcasing your project. If it's the latter, then no need to delete the source. We all know the joy of building a real working application on your own, no matter how small. And we all also want to share this achievement with others. :)
Github is too much work
Would really recommend learning Git and using Github if you're into any kind of coding.

as mentioned earlier sometimes one wants to do it manually.
also using the command line displays some useful info.
Again, not criticizing but this is done by the defrag utility in windows. I don't see the point of reinventing the wheel other than to probably learn.

1689941530904.png

e.g. you could run TRIM on all the SSD drives with one click.

and i should have mentioned that i boot from memory. so every time i boot i get a 'fresh' windows installation.
so i cannot schedule stuff like defrag/trim - i actually have it set to "off".

another reason i boot from memory, this is with ddr3 btw. drive c:

Capture_2023-07-21_190936.jpg

Fair enough, but I suppose some additional context provided upfront would be helpful in case you're posting apps with niche use cases :)
e.g. you could run TRIM on all the SSD drives with one click.

and i should have mentioned that i boot from memory. so every time i boot i get a 'fresh' windows installation.
so i cannot schedule stuff like defrag/trim - i actually have it set to "off".

another reason i boot from memory, this is with ddr3 btw. drive c:

View attachment 173301

Back