Trip to Banglore and Nearby

Hi,
I am visiting banglore in mid august and i have 2 days to spare for a hillstation nearby. I will be with my family and i have two options : coorg and ooty. Please suggest me a better place.
All i desire is nature,beauty, good climate hillstation to relax with nice local market.
Also, do i need to book AC rooms in coorg or ooty? How will be the climate specially in coorg? How is the connectivity from Banglore?

I'd have suggested coorg but it is raining cats and dogs in coorg area over the last month. Entire areas are flooded, roads are destroyed. Situation is kind of bleak. The rains might subside by next month but again they may not.

Ooty is a reasonably long drive - if you just have 2 days, you'll probably not be able to see much. You need to budget 3-4 days at least. Also I'd suggest staying in coonoor over ooty. Rampant tourism has ruined many of the famous ooty attractions.

If you must stay in Ooty, try staying outside town. Look for this hotel called Sherlock.

I'd have suggested coorg but it is raining cats and dogs in coorg area over the last month. Entire areas are flooded, roads are destroyed. Situation is kind of bleak. The rains might subside by next month but again they may not.

Ooty is a reasonably long drive - if you just have 2 days, you'll probably not be able to see much. You need to budget 3-4 days at least. Also I'd suggest staying in coonoor over ooty. Rampant tourism has ruined many of the famous ooty attractions.

If you must stay in Ooty, try staying outside town. Look for this hotel called Sherlock.

I am more inclined towards coorg. is there any way i can know the situation before visiting? any local contact? i have to visit on 22nd of august and will leave on 24th.

Also suggest, its better to stay in madikeri city in some hotel or take some resort/homestay and stay far away from madikeri?
Best to find a resort that you like so that you don't have to move. Madikeri city doesn't have too much to offer. The two main points of interest are the Tibetan Settlement/Namdroling Monastery and Dubare Elephant Camp. Both are outside the city.

Best to find a resort that you like so that you don't have to move. Madikeri city doesn't have too much to offer. The two main points of interest are the Tibetan Settlement/Namdroling Monastery and Dubare Elephant Camp. Both are outside the city.

Thanks. i have booked a resort 3km from madikeri city. pls can u provide any contacts of a taxi service provider in banglore that can offer me best rates for outstation taxis?

Back