Trip to Mahableshwar....Need advice for accommodation

irfanlai

Adept
Hi,

I have planned a family trip to Mahableshwar in the month of May. Total of 10 people including 7 adults and 3 kids. We will be traveling by car and we have one friends house in Wai where we are planning to stay.
We haven't checked the house yet so we are not sure whether we will stay there or no. So in-case if we don't like and stay at Wai then what are the available options for us to stay. We are looking for some small Bungalow or cottage or Hotel under minimum budget. Don't want to spend much.

Please suggest some options/contact numbers of available places.

1. Stick to residing at Wai (it will be the cheapest option during this holiday season)

2. As your stay is for 4 full days, which is adequate time & you have your own vehicles so travel is not (would not be) a problem

Wai > Panchgani > (Mapro Garden/Sherbaug/Venna Lake) Mahableshwar > Pratapghad

Wai to panchgani is 14 kms (25 - 30 mins away only)
Wai to mahableshwar - 32 kms

3. If you are keen about a bungalow/cottage at mahableshwar, I can check with my bro-in-law (contact details), will let you know by tonight.... changed my thots as there are kids + some ladies (getting back to Wai each night may be tiresome)

1. Stick to residing at Wai (it will be the cheapest option during this holiday season)

3. If you are keen about a bungalow/cottage at mahableshwar, I can check with my bro-in-law (contact details), will let you know by tonight.... changed my thots as there are kids + some ladies (getting back to Wai each night may be tiresome)

Mostly will try to stay in Wai but in-case if the house is not good or family members doesn't like it then I am keeping a buffer option of some Bungalow/Cottage.
Please check with your bro-in-law, that will be good.
Thanks.

I went with my office team close to 18 people played cricket and stuff swimming pool next to beach was awesome

Went 1-2 months back

WOW is there a beach in Mahableshwar (at an altitude of 4400 feet ) :mad:

Could you please tell us the address & precise location of Radisson Bay Resort at Mahabs (google maps?) .... I wud luuuv to go with my office goons too :sour:

Will get back to you @irfanlai [I could not contact my bro-in-law last night]

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with my office team close to 18 people played cricket and stuff swimming pool next to beach was awesome
Went 1-2 months back
Dude you are confused between Mahabaleshwar (Hill station in Maharashtra) and the beach Mahabalipuram :D Thats why I asked you yday about Radisson in M'baleshwar :D
@irfanlai : For Mahabaleshwar in this season a good hotel with a nice view would cost about 2.5k to 3k for a double room. Since you are more people you can always bargain for a better deal.
I would have suggested the MTDC resort as they have family cottages like 2-3bhk types but I stayed there abt 3years back so not much idea how it is now. But the place and food both were good then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you are confused between Mahabaleshwar (Hill station in Maharashtra) and the beach Mahabalipuram :D Thats why I asked you yday about Radisson in M'baleshwar :

Oopsie thanks for telling my bad we call mahabs in office so got confused didn't think about the one in Maharashtra

Oopsie thanks for telling my bad we call mahabs in office so got confused didn't think about the one in Maharashtra
are you sure that you paid only 1.2k per night, that too with lunch and dinner? (yes, I am asking about the Mahabalipuram Radisson GRT Temple bay).
They usually charge 10k and above per night (that too only with breakfast).

are you sure that you paid only 1.2k per night, that too with lunch and dinner? (yes, I am asking about the Mahabalipuram Radisson GRT Temple bay).
They usually charge 10k and above per night (that too only with breakfast).
1.2k is what is usually the day outing pricing for group i guess.

1.2k is what is usually the day outing pricing for group i guess.
and that's with Lunch and dinner? (I have stayed in this particular property and paid around 12k per night, if they are giving Stay, lunch and dinner for 1.2k, I would like to visit again)
roadrippersid had mentioned earlier in this thread that he "STAYED" there for 1.2k (he didnt mention that he did a day outing)

and that's with Lunch and dinner? (I have stayed in this particular property and paid around 12k per night, if they are giving Stay, lunch and dinner for 1.2k, I would like to visit again)
roadrippersid had mentioned earlier in this thread that he "STAYED" there for 1.2k (he didnt mention that he did a day outing)

Well, stay in 1.2k is pretty pretty unlikely. I have been to similar places for around 1.5k for day outing. Never stayed in the property but what you are quoting seems to be more in line. And am pretty sure they have not dropped rates so drastically.

Back