Android Truecaller alternative?

TRAI is supposed to be working on this; a real lol. This is supposed to be public service from TRAI to filter spam callers by users. let's see how that goes. from what I remember, everyone is automatically enrolled (that's the power of govt)

TrueCaller being even more intrusive. Even though it is not set as default messaging app, it is still pulling transaction SMS that I am getting from SBI for various transactions, to its own message inbox, and my default sms app doesn't get a copy of that sms too... this is really annoying!

TRAI is supposed to be working on this; a real lol. This is supposed to be public service from TRAI to filter spam callers by users. let's see how that goes. from what I remember, everyone is automatically enrolled (that's the power of govt)
Oh, the TRAI and govt are hardly working working hard.

Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_7.jpg

TrueCaller being even more intrusive. Even though it is not set as default messaging app, it is still pulling transaction SMS that I am getting from SBI for various transactions, to its own message inbox, and my default sms app doesn't get a copy of that sms too... this is really annoying!
How?

Samsung has a a caller id thing in built. Won't block but will tell you if its spam. Works most of the timr.

you can deny access to the messages and keep using your default msg app. I have truecaller installed as well and i have turned off everything other than the dialer.

I have found that Google Dialer, combined with DND, is most effective at blocking spam calls. However, be aware that it may also block service calls at times. Truecaller Premium, even with all the blocking options like block top spammers, extended block list, etc., performs slightly worse than Google Dialer. Hiya (the one used in Samsung) is okay!

The only reason I use Truecaller is that I also want to make use of Samsung auto call record without any announcement to the other party. This is not possible with Google Dialer.

Google just loves to shove things which it feels is appropriate. While all they give is privacy crap, they have never considered situation-specific cases where it is more useful without notifying the person on the other end.

Back