Truecaller not showing names, any alternative caller id app?

Do you have spam reports associated with your number? That could be a reason for that not happening.
Wait what? No! I am just a normal citizen. No spam report is associated with my number and there is no reason for there to be, either.
We don't sell data and respect our user's privacy.
The presence of following in your app though:
1. Amazon Advertisement
2. AppsFlyer
3. CleverTap
4. Criteo
5. Facebook Ads
6. Google AdMob
7. Google CrashLytics
8. Google Firebase Analytics
9. IAB Open Measurement
10. Inmobi
11. Vungle

The presence of following in your app though:
1. Amazon Advertisement
2. AppsFlyer
3. CleverTap
4. Criteo
5. Facebook Ads
6. Google AdMob
7. Google CrashLytics
8. Google Firebase Analytics
9. IAB Open Measurement
10. Inmobi
11. Vungle
That's a hefty data collection are All these present on truecaller website, app or both?

I assume both.

That's a hefty data collection are All these present on truecaller website
I found these using uBlock on FF:
1. Google CDN
2. Plausible.io (This is a Google Analytics alternative)
3. zipzip.ai (Truecaller's AI assistant)
4. nip.io (https://github.com/exentriquesolutions/nip.io)

The site appears to be much better compared to the app but I'm not sure if Ublock is enough to monitor everything or if I am monitoring it the right way using uBlock.

Anyways, this is what I did with a very recent scam attempt:

yon.jpg

Last edited:
1. Google CDN

The site appears to be much better compared to the app but I'm not sure if Ublock is enough to monitor everything or if I am monitoring it the right way using uBlock.

View attachment 188789

There website may be less cluttered to harvest data.
Which is only doable by adblockers to block external url/scripts.

Not sure of any app, which shows each and every request made by a app. There used to be a tool decades ago named zone alarm pro for windows which showed all the requests made to different IPS or domains for that software
(.exe files mostly)

I am sure that SMS won't be from any mobile or going phone number, but some made up SBI strings/alphabets like anything:
Sbi:circ
sbi-info

Etc.
They only want users to click on link..

That must be a dumb scammer to spell YON0

1. Google CDN

View attachment 188789
It is actually a bad idea to reply to these scammers as their revenge is to proliferate your number further. Just report it to TRAI at 1909 and block (or delete if you want to report again) the number. You will get a message from the operator within 2-3 days stating how many unregistered telemarketing warnings have been given to the number so far and it gets banned after 3 strikes.

It is actually a bad idea to reply to these scammers as their revenge is to proliferate your number further. Just report it to TRAI at 1909 and block (or delete if you want to report again) the number. You will get a message from the operator within 2-3 days stating how many unregistered telemarketing warnings have been given to the number so far and it gets banned after 3 strikes.
How do we report messages from random names (cannot find any numbers) claiming to be from bank.

Example:
SBI-Info
SBI-CREDIT
NDSL...

etc. Etc.

How do we report messages from random names (cannot find any numbers) claiming to be from bank.

Example:
SBI-Info
SBI-CREDIT
NDSL...

etc. Etc.
The ones with names are registered telemarketers with TRAI. You can complain using the names in the message to 1909, but from my experience these are always rejected because your number is officially registered with them, as you had used their services and hence is not considered as unsolicited promotion.

You will have to write to them to opt out or in general block promotional messages in the TRAI DND registry.

Back