Truecaller Premium sharing slots available

I took Truecaller Family plan today. While i'm at 'adding family member' screen, I can't find/search new contacts or numbers. All my existing contacts are listed there, but i'm searching for couple of TE member's numbers and I can't locate it. Tried adding +91, tried saving the number and searched with contact name, nothing worked. Anyone using Family plan and have added new users, pls help me here.
@rajanmehta Will return your payment today if i'm unable to add you to this.
Other interested ppl, pls wait till I sort this issue out.
I already mentioned TC is acting very weird since few months though not for all...
Recheck, verify and confirm before accepting any payments!

I am TC Premium for 2 years now. TC is not my default dialer. It blocks some Spam calls but not all of them even though they show up as Spam. Some calls show up as Spam, ring for some time, and then get disconnected.

Do I have to make it the default dialer to stop all Spam calls from even ringing? I want all Spam calls to be blocked and only get notifications of blocked calls. I have enabled Auto update of top spammers, Extend top spammer list, Block 140 series, Blcok top spammers, and block hidden numbers.

I am TC Premium for 2 years now. TC is not my default dialer. It blocks some Spam calls but not all of them even though they show up as Spam. Some calls show up as Spam, ring for some time, and then get disconnected.

Do I have to make it the default dialer to stop all Spam calls from even ringing? I want all Spam calls to be blocked and only get notifications of blocked calls. I have enabled Auto update of top spammers, Extend top spammer list, Block 140 series, Blcok top spammers, and block hidden numbers.
Yes.

Have used TC premium for 2years in the past.
Have had and still having excellent experience.
Im into 3 businesses. So daily number of calls is decent and each call is very important.

Main features oF TC i use are follows {which i dint find in any dialer of Samsung, IPhone nor Redmi (have used all 1 year+)}

1. Directly type a number in dialer and whatsapp the person from there. Very useful when exchanging contacts.
2. T9 search is accurate and shows the recent contact. Samsung t9 search shows alphabetical list of relevant names which is tedious to search thereafter
3. Spam blocking on android works really well. Verified businesses (on TC) ive allowed to come through as they are important calls from companies at times.
4. Caller ID real time and sometimes i forget to save the number of a person. So i just search the name and it shows my recent call log and relevant name

TLDR: TC is currently very useful, have tried many alternatives but TC is by far the best.

One interesting aspect on iOS is that you can use truecaller for passive search of numbers, without sharing your phonebook and messages (This only allow passive search and disables active caller ID and other features). I don't think that's possible on android, you have to share your contacts to use the app (or atleast that's what was happening on my pixel when I moved over to iOS a year ago).
You can do it without having a true caller account at all. Just search reverse number lookup, sign in using a burner Gmail (or one which doesn't have any contacts or a Microsoft account) and search
Apologies if this post is off topic or goes against the rules but I don't recommend trucaller to anyone. They log your phone and most importantly messages which can be used for financial profiling.

Giving up so much privacy for just being able to check who's calling is a strict no for me. Most of the phones these days have built in spam detection anyway. (Samsung has one powered by hiya)

Is the family sharing on truecaller still available ? What are benefits of using same (without truecaller and various plans they offer)
I mostly keep block settings on, accepting calls only from My Contacts, but miss lot of important calls everyday

I have 3 numbers, require only for 2 (can i change/switch number later ?)
I am ready to purchase if any family plan exists for 1 year

Edit: Just checked All truecaller premium plans have family sharing (total of 5 members can use the same)

There are 2 plans available Assistant (1500 INR per year) and Gold (5000 INR per year)
Only technical difference listed on site is God plan comes with Gold ID.

Can existing members using TrueCaller share feedback and write drawbacks about using truecaller compared to phone without truecaller.
I noticed with any account, there search is limited to 1 query per day only (seems like they are going down)

Last edited:
Back