Graphic Cards trying to diagnose the issue with my GPU.

Its a 2070S Gigabyte Windforce. All fans are running fine and not making any sounds but when i try to start it up. sometimes it boots to windows but doesn't detect the GPU driver, other times it goes into black screen and needs to be hard reset. The BIOS page shows up completely fine everytime. The last time I had the system opened. I did notice some vertical green lines, altho. not covering the whole screen, just a tiny bit and also all the white texts on screen had their first character in light greenish color( same as those lines).

Now the Card is extremely hot when I touch its plate.

I have tried another card and its booting up fine with it. What could be the issue? Is it dead or its having the problem because its overheating(altho. the second card which i am using right now is also heating a bit so)?

Its a 2070S Gigabyte Windforce. All fans are running fine and not making any sounds but when i try to start it up. sometimes it boots to windows but doesn't detect the GPU driver, other times it goes into black screen and needs to be hard reset. The BIOS page shows up completely fine everytime. The last time I had the system opened. I did notice some vertical green lines, altho. not covering the whole screen, just a tiny bit and also all the white texts on screen had their first character in light greenish color( same as those lines).

Now the Card is extremely hot when I touch its plate.

I have tried another card and its booting up fine with it. What could be the issue? Is it dead or its having the problem because its overheating(altho. the second card which i am using right now is also heating a bit so)?
Does the second card also gives same green line issue.
Did u tried the other port on gpu.
Take out the card and clean the gold contact surface of the card with rubber just to clear off any carbon.

Does the second card also gives same green line issue.
Did u tried the other port on gpu.
Take out the card and clean the gold contact surface of the card with rubber just to clear off any carbon.
Yea the second card is working fine.

I took the card apart and the compound has completely dried off also i noticed blue shades thing next to the memory chips as if its caused by overheating or something. Cant pull it back in and try because i dont have the thermal compound with me to repaste it.

I dont see any signs of burns on any component tho.

Attachments

• IMG-20231027-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231027-WA0002.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20231027-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231027-WA0003.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20231027-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20231027-WA0004.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20231027-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20231027-WA0005.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 08.07.01_4cdf89c3.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 08.07.01_4cdf89c3.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 08.07.02_101afb87.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 08.07.02_101afb87.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 55
Its an older card. How much was it strained as in was it used excessively for gaming without proper case ventilation etc.

Its an older card. How much was it strained as in was it used excessively for gaming without proper case ventilation etc.
I have a corsair spec-05 but have all the fan space covered with Deep Cool 120mm fans. Also i do regularly clear the case for dust along with the GPU fans. Never repasted the card tho.

Should've done that. Think its been almost 4years since i got the card also i don't play much. The last game I played regularly was BFV on 1080p 60hz and even thats not daily altho PC do stay on for almost the whole day idling.
The blue mark could either be residue from the paste, or your VRAM is overheating.

Repaste and see if it works
which thermal paste would you recommend? also i need to get that white sticky tape thing as well and idk whats that called.

Last edited:
which thermal paste would you recommend? also i need to get that white sticky tape thing as well and idk whats that called.
Get either thermal grizzly or noctua one(i use this) it's NTH T3 i guess or deepcool which have good thermal conductivity and those are called thermal pads...for each gpu they are different....they have certain thickness....from 0.5mm to 2mm....check online or on YouTube whats the thickness on tours and buy those.

Back