Audio Turntables .. DJ's Help

These days i m too much interesting in buying turntables.
But the main problem is i dont have an amp cube. So, is there any way i can connect my set i will buy to my PC??

Second thing, 1 thing is not clear to me that do i need to buy vinyl's for every track seperately or whats the vinyl system of turntables??

Re: Turntables.....DJ's Help

You get usb turntables that you can hookup directly to your PC I guess. Check out Stanton, which I think is a popular DJ brand. 12" Vinyl records usually have an entire album on them. Single tracks are found on the 7" records

Re: Turntables.....DJ's Help

i want the cheapest turntables with usb..please tell me from where i can get in india..i live near delhi, so NCR preferably and how much these vinyl's cost and from where can i get them??

^No clue about Delhi , check out the used goods market you might find something. The local market in Chennai sells old vinyl from Rs.20/- onwards. Would recommend you to register on hifi vision.They have a dedicated section and lots of owners from Delhi who might be able to guide you better.

About equipment, maybe look around second hand again or else something like this ? ION Audio iCUE3 Discover DJ System < Recording Equipment < Musical Instruments : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

hi fi vision is good. I remember registering there and opening a thread for a TT purchase. Had got quotes really fast.

bennysachdev said:
How are the Stanton's usb turntables? Can one use them with third party softwares like VirtualDJ?
No Clue, check out virtualdj's support forums, came across some threads about it and usb tt's , some say yes some say no.

@asingh, which TT do you have ?

1 thing more i want to clear...

For tracks of popular bands say Linkin park, if i want to work on them, i need to buy vinyls for LP Albums or is there any way i can mix and rip the track playing on my PC through the turntable....to be more specific i mean can i use the turntable connected to my PC as a "joystick" for ripping using some software??

Because i think it will be really hard for me to get the vinyls because of my living location..

asingh said:
Never managed to buy it. Though have a ton of vinyls...still contemplating a good set up. Suggestions..?

Depends on your budget. I'm using a Pro-Ject 1.3, pretty decent IMO. Denons start at 10k and if your budget is upwards then sky is the limit. A used technics for around 5k is the best place to start IMO.
harshit143 said:
Because i think it will be really hard for me to get the vinyls because of my living location..
You can check online at flipkart, rhythmhouse and few other places that sell vinyls. For used stuff , again I recommend you register on hifi vision and check out the member market there

harshit143 said:
to be more specific i mean can i use the turntable connected to my PC as a "joystick" for ripping using some software??
Yes.. Look up Traktor Scratch Pro or Serato Scratch Live.. Both allow you to use vinyl as controllers for a laptop playing mp3 files.

Anish said:
Yes.. Look up Traktor Scratch Pro or Serato Scratch Live.. Both allow you to use vinyl as controllers for a laptop playing mp3 files.
Do i need that full hardware bundle or just USB turntables with that application included and vinyl is needed?? Please dont mind if u find these questions silly because im a newbie in this filed with a lot of interest in all this....

Back