TV buying advice for CCTV

reliantrobin

Disciple
I have to monitor 3 locations with multiple cameras each and need about a 55 inch TV for the feed. The only requirement I have of the TV is that is should be durable as it has to run for approximately 10 hours a day continuously. All of the TVs of this size today are quite expensive as they are all 4k and have smart TV functionalities, but I do not really have a use for those features.

Please let me know what are you suggestions and advice for this, thank you!

Even the cheapest 55 in tv will cost around 30k.
Maybe get it with extended warranty.

I doubt you will find anything cheaper even if you find it without any features.

You can try used TVs but its might not be durable.

Cant u get 3 TVs of 32 inchers and feed them independently? Ur initial costs will be less than a 55incher and recurring costs too will be less in case of TV damage.
Or get 4 TVs and make a big video wall :cool:

Cant u get 3 TVs of 32 inchers and feed them independently? Ur initial costs will be less than a 55incher and recurring costs too will be less in case of TV damage.
Or get 4 TVs and make a big video wall :cool:
Have already gotten a 55-incher besides which I want to install. Got the first one cheap as a friend was moving, but no such circumstance exists here :sweatsmile:.
Get Samsung or LG 4K TV. Don't think there are non-smart 55" TVs, 55" monitors are rare.
Yeah, only able to find 55 inchers that come with most of the bells and whistles. Are Samsung/LG panels as reliable as Sony ones?
Also, as a side note, are Acer, OnePlus and VU reliable in the TV space? And how are Sony TV models half price on Amazon?

Last edited:
Have already gotten a 55-incher besides which I want to install. Got the first one cheap as a friend was moving, but no such circumstance exists here :sweatsmile:.

Yeah, only able to find 55 inchers that come with most of the bells and whistles. Are Samsung/LG panels as reliable as Sony ones?
Also, as a side note, are Acer, OnePlus and VU reliable in the TV space? And how are Sony TV models half price on Amazon?
not sure about oneplus but I own VU(4 yr old) and Motorola(2 yr old) which has samsung and lg panels, so far no issues

Generally, the price of Sony TV on amazon is what you get those for in a Tier 1 city's local shops as well, many times cheaper in local shops.

Among small brands, Vu, Hisense & Xiaomi are decent. But if you want reliability, just get Samsung or LG IMO. I don't think Sony is more reliable as they charge a premium for their colour tuning.

Generally, the price of Sony TV on amazon is what you get those for in a Tier 1 city's local shops as well, many times cheaper in local shops.

Among small brands, Vu, Hisense & Xiaomi are decent. But if you want reliability, just get Samsung or LG IMO. I don't think Sony is more reliable as they charge a premium for their colour tuning.
Ended up going with LG, got a good deal at Vijay Sales. Thanks everyone for the help!

Back