Monitors tv tuner for 22" widescreen lcd

Any tv tuner card you buy will support wide screen monitors. The max resolution you'll get for your tv signal will be whatever the service provider gives you...640*480 or 720*576 or whatever. When you maximise the application for viewing the program, the picture will be stretched, but you'll have black bars on the side. I'm currently running a Pinnacle PcTv 50i on a 22" widescreen LCD monitor. No issues. But all cards should be the same.
I actually wanted to get a Compro card, but I couldn't find one on the market when I was picking up mine. Its cheaper and better than the Pinnacles, so if you find one of those pick it up. Should be around 2k. I picked up my card almost 3 yrs back, so I don't know the current line ups, but back then the Compros seemed to have superior image quality. Personally, I don't like the pinnacle software much, though I like the fact that I've been able to customise the remote to use in a lot of my other applications.

avermedia is the best,the quality is superior to others it supports resolution upto 1920x1080.it can also display upto 4 channels at a time in PIP mode.

for aver media products contact
distributor EMAIL:cshah@bom8.vsnl.net.in.

I have contacted the local avermedia supplier and got the following reply :

AVerTV BoxW9 ( MRP : 8000 )and AVerTV BoxW7 ( MRP : 3499)

BoxW9 supports RGB cable and progressive scan-both of them support wide screen..go for it

One more thing:- if you want to use it for watching tata sky or dish tv , better get an MCE kit else you won't be able to cha nge channels using yr computer.(necessary for time shift viewing and recording)

i dint get u man u told mce for tata sky how can media centre help change channels from pc as it has the set top box
pls enlighten me

Back