TV Tuner Pinnacle PCTV PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

matoind

Adept
TV Tuner Pinnacle PCTV PCI - Price Drop

Pinnacle PCTV PCI. Compatible with Windows Media Center of windows XP, Windows vista x86. No drivers for windows 7, but media center recognises it. So it works. I think drivers are available for windows 7 x86. (But I didnt try)

Not good with windows 7 or vista 64 bit systems. Perfect for 32 Bit Systems.

Own TV Center works with all softwares.

Seperate MCE software downloadable from PCTV Systems website for Media Center Support.

Have all the original acessories, but latest drivers and software (downloaded .. Shall provide on CD) are recommended.

Attachments

• P1050742.JPG
    P1050742.JPG
    594.6 KB · Views: 332
  • P1050744.JPG
    P1050744.JPG
    905 KB · Views: 352
  • P1050746.jpg
    P1050746.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 303
kuld33p said:
product link ??

The TV card division has been sold by Pinnacle to PCTV Systems.

PCTV systems has stopped making Analogue cards. It is into Hybrid.

The product name is PCTV Analog PCI or 110i.

Following the the support page:

Driver

Moreover I will have to guide you to use the card. Their own viewing software works in all the OS systems. Media Center works perfectly in 32 Bit systems (I was using with Vista 32 Bit). It did not work in Vista 64 Bit media center. Windows 7 x64 media center detected the card. It worked perfectly till I changed my original Intel motherboard and got a MSI board. With MSI board, the sound worked once after a boot. Subsequently if I started the Media Center, there was no sound until I changed a channel. Then it worked fine. But this was a problem in scheduled recordings.

In a nutshell, it is excellent for 32 Bit systems upto Vista. You can try with windows 7 media center. (May or may not work). But native PCTV software works with all systems. You can check the link Get the right software

In my case there are multiple accounts, so the scheduled recordings do not take place when I am logged off and someone else is using. But media center took care of it. Incase of single user, you can use the software provided by PCTV systems.

The above problems are with only Media center and not native software.

I am interested in buying the card but recently people sold Pinnacle PCTV PCI in a limited range of 400-600rs. Do you have all these original accessories shown in the image below?

virus32win said:
I am interested in buying the card but recently people sold Pinnacle PCTV PCI in a limited range of 400-600rs. Do you have all these original accessories shown in the image below?

Remote is smaller. Also there is no audio wire since the card worked directly without the wire. Also there is no Small connector. But it has the following:

1. TV Card
2. Remote Control
3. Remote sensor
4. FM antenna
5. Original Disks
6. Setup manual on a Sheet of paper

And no Cells. Fortunately I removed them from the remote. They leaked.

Though I did not use the remote after about 5 days. It isnt practical with a computer since the Keyboard is within reach. I used the card to record some programs that I was interested in. Otherwise I have a TV in the same room.

But then, it depends on case to case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back