Laptops Two problems with New Acer 5740G

Kooldude16

Disciple
I have got my new Acer Aspire 5740G laoptop few days back (7th March 2010). I am haivng two topics to discuss,

1. I can see a small red dot on the screen, i had been to the dealer he said its just some pixel adjustment thing,
he also said that it will go within some 15days, as it requires some adjusting time.

I am worried whether this is a serious problem? Will this go off for sure? (he said its common in Acer laptops)
2. I am playing my favorite game NFS Most wanted now, laptop is getting heat up very quickly. Is it overheating problem?
Is there any solution to this?

Friends plsease provide me your help for the same

Thanks,
Kooldude16

1. Could be a dead pixel or a stuck pixel. A stuck pixel may disappear after a while. Gently rub the portion of the panel with a soft cloth and it may go. A dead pixel is a permanent defect and nothing could be done in this case. Refer the documentation/manual you may have got with the laptop - if Acer has a zero-tolerance policy for a defective panel, they may replace the laptop.

2. What GPU does your laptop have? The ATI 5xxx series? It's quite natural the GPU gets heated up compared to an Intel GPU. Keep a tab on the temperatures. Download and run furmark and note the load temperatures and post back the results.

Hi,

Please find the reply below

2. What GPU does your laptop have? The ATI 5xxx series? It's quite natural the GPU gets heated up compared to an Intel GPU. Keep a tab on the temperatures. Download and run furmark and note the load temperatures and post back the results.

Yes its ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 1GB, is it common problem for all laptops with GPUs?

email Acer spport the pixel problem, if it persists then they will replace the same, we have seen that many recent acer laps are having these problems.Use a laptop cooler (a decent make) so that it can help to cool a little,its highly recommended !!!!

check your GPU temp:and compare it with suggested temp:!
never block any vents (side/under)when using the lap for games.

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all the suggestions, i tried playing the game keeping the laptop on a table and it worked its not too hot now.

Earlier i was keeping the laptop over the pillow and was playing the game :eek:hyeah:

Thanks....
kooldude16

LOL, never keep the laptop atop a pillow/bed whilst working on it. It would block the vents and due to the lack of fresh air being sucked inside, it'd obviously result in the increase of temperatures.

get yourself a laptop cooler.check the reviews section i posted a review there today--coolermaster notepal infinite.

Back