Audio UE TF10 Seal Issue , Help !

Just received TF10 , my brother is telling that TF10 sounds like auditorium or like live performance , but even after trying hard am getting just better than S4 , are my eardrums far way from speakers , will the bi-flange solve my problem :huh:

I tried the original UE default tips , sony hybrids , creative tips and Comply Foam tips
Still not getting 3D soundstage :S

TF10's music is much more refined than that of S4. specially the treble.

also i found the soundstage to have more depth.

about seal . you are wearing them over the ear or straight down . over the ear is prefered for TF10.

also use different tips , use comply , and the all the other compatible tips. you might feel a lot of difference !

enjoy them they are great.

no doubt abt it , they are great , but am not getting the huge soundstage :( , I think they are not going deep inside the earcanal ,

looks like the tragus is avoiding to do it .......

Try them over the ear, there are more comfortable too that way.

Your expectation out of them might me too much like me in the soundstage department :p, nevertheless the height and depth of these are really good.

TF 10 have excellent sound for the price. It takes some time to get better seal. IF UE change their design as Westone, every one will go for these babies..
I sold mine just because of fit and design issue.

lol@auditorium sound. Following is my short review:

Finally, i got some time off from my work yesterday and had some private time with my TF10. I wear then over the ear. Seal is definitely an issue. They keep popping out of my ear like popcorns! WTF? I tried various tips - tips of RE2, tips of M2, biflanges, comply, silicon, etc. Till now, comply tips were the best but they get used up within 1 month. Why will i spend on Rs.500 on tips every 2 months? This is ridiculous.

Anyway, after getting a relatively good seal by using comply, I felt uncomfortable after long listening sessions. I use SFlo2 + 320kbps songs.

They are very bright to my ears and have sibilance issues. Ironically, I liked the sound of my M2 and my desktop speakers (X230) far more than TF10s. Bass is light for my ears on TF10s (I like big bass of M2). Soundstage is nothing like auditorium. Little wider than M2, but not that wide. Depth is good.

In conclusion, they have prominent highs (which I am finding offensive to my ears), small bass (which is again not my cup of tea), and OK mids.

M2 are till now my best IEMs. Can someone suggest anything to me to make TF10 sound better?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also where can I get Twilight cable (in US), the GEB link is out-of-stock.

I have placed order on LYNX for the bi-flange tips

when you hear " you know me better " track of Rosin Murphy - you can hear the claps bit far behind your head ,

and when you hear " Break your heart " track of Taio Cruz - you can count how many are clapping in back

and if its chorus you can hear almost how many people are standing in front left side , like 5 to 8 guys , yep its that much detailed ......... :D

dragonball said:
lol@auditorium sound.

You need to burn them in. They don't sound good out of the box, ~60 hours of burn in and they sounded like a different set of IEMs.

The soundstage is not the widest but has good depth. Instrument separation is immense.

TheBellJar said:
You need to burn them in. They don't sound good out of the box, ~60 hours of burn in and they sounded like a different set of IEMs.

The soundstage is not the widest but has good depth. Instrument separation is immense.
Are you sure about this??? I have put mine on sale because mostly I read, burn-in doesnt improve sound of TF10 much. And I didnt find them worth almost 200$ from the 1-2 hours that I used them.

Balanced Armatures don't need burn-in at all. Some say that cross-overs require burn-in. I have not heard significant changes post burn-in even with dynamic IEMs. Mental burn-in is more common with me though!

^ If you can't beat them, join them. If burn-in does not change it the way you like them, try accepting them for what they are. Still don't like them? They are not for you probably! ;)

veer_singh said:
I have placed order on LYNX for the bi-flange tips

when you hear " you know me better " track of Rosin Murphy - you can hear the claps bit far behind your head ,

and when you hear " Break your heart " track of Taio Cruz - you can count how many are clapping in back

and if its chorus you can hear almost how many people are standing in front left side , like 5 to 8 guys , yep its that much detailed ......... :D
So I just listened to Break Your Heart.. i cannot count exactly how many are people are clapping.. there are 2-4 i think.. but i am not sure whether there are 2 OR 3 OR 4 !! :)

Back