Audio UE TF10 Seal Issue , Help !

esanthosh said:
Balanced Armatures don't need burn-in at all. Some say that cross-overs require burn-in. I have not heard significant changes post burn-in even with dynamic IEMs. Mental burn-in is more common with me though!
Well, the sound did change. I heard them out of the box and didn't like it that much so put it on pink noise for the next few days. As soon as I put them on afterward, the IEM just sounded more refined. Much more of what it was supposed to be. Can't be a case of mental burn-in as I was not listening to it through the burn-in period.

I know it is said that BAs don't need burn in but to the best of my knowledge, the armature rotates to move the diaphragm to make sound. Hence it is a mechanical process and every mechanical process benefits with "easing" it in.

it is brain-burn in. you were thinking about them ( " why dont they sound great" ) :p

jokes aside, Balanced armatures have no provision of burn in. ( if you dont count, the cable burn in , if you were able to notice that :O )

dragonball said:
So I just listened to Break Your Heart.. i cannot count exactly how many are people are clapping.. there are 2-4 i think.. but i am not sure whether there are 2 OR 3 OR 4 !! :)
But at least u can say its 2 - 4 guys clapping behind , you will never know with klipsch S4 :p

The feel of soundstage in TF10 is just awesome ,

My tf10 sound is improved , dont know its my brain , wire , crossover or custom equalizer in my fuze+ :D

I have noticed one thing: when we change one IEM to another ex. i am listening IE8 for 2-3 days and i go to listen the TF10 initially to ears/brain the sound is not as good as after 10-20 min listening, the ears get accustomed to tf10 sound then and i enjoy it more that initial impressions.i have noticed it quite few times, but it varies from iem like M2 <--> IE8 switching doesn't do much effect as they sound quite alike and tf10 have quite different sound sig so does PL-50.

So i am always a bit confused/worried about the sound just after listening to new iem.but giving it 2-3 days and they sound better.

Our brains are capable of fooling us more than we can admit. I've "noticed" changes after 50 hrs of burn-in - that's quite an effort to run it for 4 days of 12 hrs each (without listening after the initial 2 hrs to get the signature, run tests etc.,). After this effort, the brain expects rewards and hence most times, I've thought that XYZ sounds "better". However, the next day, I realize that the same complaints I had before burn-in have "resurfaced". Some IEMs, which I did burn-in for more than 100 hrs (100 hrs burn-in, 20 hrs of usage) sounded 'better'. But, if I did not use them for a few days and try them again, I've a similar feeling as the first time I heard them out of the box (bass does sound over-powering, sibilance still exists etc., etc.,). For me, burn-in does not work and I'm not about to waste 300 hrs burning in each IEM with noise files to notice some improvement.

Attitude adjustment (accepting the signature as-is, reducing expectations for an IEM to sound the way I want), Slight sacrifices (bass has a longer decay, mids slightly recessed and is only 85% clear compared to some other IEM) work for me all the time. The only two times I hated an IEM out of the box and went on to like them were RE0 (I had zero knowledge about sound at that time), Pana HJE900 (It sounded 'better' after 12 hrs of burn-in, but I also changed tips before trying again, so it could be either). So, if burn-in works for others, it simply does! But for me, it doesn't and I'm not complaining about it.

veer_singh said:
But at least u can say its 2 - 4 guys clapping behind , you will never know with klipsch S4 :p
The feel of soundstage in TF10 is just awesome ,

My tf10 sound is improved , dont know its my brain , wire , crossover or custom equalizer in my fuze+ :D
Ok..

I think some people got confused between separation and soundstage (or Am I)
hearing separate claps to be termed as separation and not soundstage...

getting thier location exactly seems to be the definition of soundstage.

Speaking about soundstage I feel the default apple buds have a much better stage than TF10, I'm sure because i have them both and use them extensively.

Inference: TF10 indeed has narrow soundstage but better separation

IMO instrument separation is an attribute of soundstage.

a soundstage is not good if the sound seems to come from a distance (only )

a good soundstage is that imaginary stage that the gear visualizes in side our head ( compared to the recording ) , how the space is filled.

@ thirumalkumaran

dude you cant compare white apple buds to tf10 soundstage ,

tf10 has got nice left, right ,front,back , center, up,down,corners, balanced sound ..........

I think you dont hav good fit with tf10 .................

^^ Might be...

to me actually the ipod earbuds sound better with soundstage and triplefi or M2 lacks that width... Sometimes it makes me wonder I got a fake TF10 (Its not.. There are no fake TF's available IMO)

Better lemme start looking for a triple flange..

as i have said before , wide soundstage can be achieved easily but good wide soundstege is tougher to achieve.

do this , keep your TF10 5 CM away from your ears , turn up the volume ! , WOAH , W-I-D-E soundstage, but really that does not improve the listening experience does it ? NO.

I hope you understood what i was trying to imply with it ( and ofcourse no offense meant , cause reading back i feel the post is somewhat harsh, sorry for that :) )

Soundstage width: The varying distance till which your earphones has the capability of reproducing sound horizontally

Soundstage depth: The varying angle till which your earphone can reproduce sound

Soundstage height: The varying distance till which your earphone can reproduce sound vertically.

Instrument Separation: The varying degree of your earphones capability to distinguish each and every instrument and justify each instruments presence which great detail

Imaging: The positioning of various sounds coming from various instruments and/or vocals

Back