Ultrabooks..need adivce

So, few months back i made my mind for a netbook. But when i asked you guys, u said its not powerful as well as when i tried it, you were right. So, at once i dropped the idea.

Now, after my boards, again, i need a laptop and this time on a serious note. See, i have a powerful gaming PC which is going to be with me all my life and i can any day upgrade my GPU as my processor is advance enough. So, I need a compact notebook, preferably an ultrabook. I want that when i carry it, i should not feel its weight and the maximum screen size i want is 14".

My chief purposes are:

1)Surfing

2)Programming(java, c++,all languages that a btech student works on)

3)Light gaming like CS and all

4)Downloading (most probably 24x7)

5)Office work

Everyday i see an AD of Dell XPS 14z in newspaper and i am quite liking it. Is it a good buy or is there any other option available. Dell one is quite costly, but,though the config is really good, it doesnt seem VFM. So, suggest me a best one which is having a good config + VFM).

Dell XPS 14z offers 3 years Premier Service+Complete COVER! Thats why costly!!

Its great,but screen is RUBBISH!!

Wait for a Proper ultrabook, else go for the MBA!! You will love it!!

If you don't need a sleek notebook, you will be better off with a regular laptop with 14" screen which will be a lot cheaper (and have similar specs).

I'd think Lenovo T420 would be good option if you are on a budget. Else, you need to do a bit of research online or at your retailer.

How is asus k43??

Are these asus notebooks reliable, with good battery life and after sales services. The Notebook is with i7,8gb ram and 520GPU

Have you tried the Netbooks with AMD E350 and 450 chips? As of now, Ultrabooks are just too costly. Going for Netbooks seem like a more VFM option. And I really don't believe that Netbooks like HP DM1Z are slow.

if you must get an ultrabook, Hang on. A whole bunch of them would be hitting the market as we get to Q2 & Q3 of the year.

If I were to advise, I'd reiterated what @ Jennifer123 said.

They are basically ultraportables which meet Intel's guidelines. You would be better off following your own guidelines. Don't fall for the marketing talk.

Coming to a 14" thin & light laptop: well the thinner & lighter it gets the more you will have to pay. Decide a budget & find one that meets your requirements.

Fine. if i keep aside that ultrabook factor, but 14" is must, how about an alienware m14x? Whats the battery life of it? I changed my mind because when i checked Dell US, the XPS 14z and alienware m14x is costing approx same (~ 3-5k). Please suggest

Fine. if i keep aside that ultrabook factor, but 14" is must, how about an alienware m14x? Whats the battery life of it? I changed my mind because when i checked Dell US, the XPS 14z and alienware m14x is costing approx same (~ 3-5k). Please suggest

Dude, if you can afford an Alienware... then get one! I know I would.

Alienware is all about performance... that would obviously weigh down the battery life. If they have nvidia optimus then you might be able to extend the battery life a bit.

Dude, if you can afford an Alienware... then get one! I know I would.

Alienware is all about performance... that would obviously weigh down the battery life. If they have nvidia optimus then you might be able to extend the battery life a bit.

Whats the expected backup of the lappy? (if u have any idea)

If you are looking into ultrabooks, but want a few more features, why not look into Sony S series. Granted they are more of "Normal notebooks but still:

> 1.8 cm thick ( S3 is around 1.3 cm)

> Comes with an optical drive

> Comes with a normally clocked processor,Yet battery life is rated same as S3(Around 4-5 hours in stamina mode)

-ve: Gets heated up because of that stupid hinge

: No SSD option

Also If cost no issue then look into Toshiba R830.

Hp has released the most thinnest yet powerful ultrabook its known as HP folio 1.

Configuration i5 second generation,4gb ddr3,128 gd SSD

weight only 1.5kg most important thing and which separate it from other ultrabooks are it has an optical drive and is available for 65-69k i think.

Hp has released the most thinnest yet powerful ultrabook its known as HP folio 1.

Configuration i5 second generation,4gb ddr3,128 gd SSD

weight only 1.5kg most important thing and which separate it from other ultrabooks are it has an optical drive and is available for 65-69k i think.

Dont want a SSD////128gb is too less

Back