Laptops Unable to install Windows XP in Acer E725 Laptop..

ashishg

Disciple
Hi guys..

i m facing a difficulty while installing Windows Xp in my acer E725 Laptop. It has already have Limpus Linux 9.2 [ pre installed ] .. when i tried to uninstall it it shows error.. i have tried many things but i m unable to do..

Please guys help me.. i need windows XP in my laptop instead of Limpus linux 9.2..

Please please

get a bootable cd for windows xp and format the partition to ntfs-- go to the bios and select the dvd/cd rom drive as the first boot device and the second boot device as harddrive to run the bootable cd.to enter the bootable xp cd after its in the drive press any key to go into windows xp setup -- you should be able to load windows xp now---if you don't know how to format and load windows xp do please post it here -- i can guide you through the process.

sunny27 said:
get a bootable cd for windows xp and format the partition to ntfs-- go to the bios and select the dvd/cd rom drive as the first boot device and the second boot device as harddrive to run the bootable cd.to enter the bootable xp cd after its in the drive press any key to go into windows xp setup -- you should be able to load windows xp now---if you don't know how to format and load windows xp do please post it here -- i can guide you through the process.

Hi Bro Thanks for the reply..

i know to install windows Xp..

i want to know that before that what are the things to do to get Windows Xp installation windows .. and how can i format the partitions to NTFS.. please reply..

Konquerror said:
What error it shows?

It shows some error of NFS system..

Most new laptops do not offer XP drivers. So the first step would be to check online if drivers for the model are available. If drivers are not easily available, it is best to not to proceed. Probably win 7 is a better option in this case.

If you have decided to install XP, you may need to disable native SATA for the hard disk - if it is SATA- in the bios. Since, in many cases, installation will fail without special drivers- probably the error you face is due to this. Here, if the BIOS does not allow tweaking SATA settings, it is better to opt for Vista or 7.

I know it the layman style. Install windows7 after making 20GB partition for C drive and rest as one single one. Then install XP, it will work!

well i havd similar problems with my laptop

solution first note down all hardware names/model numbers(like sata chipset type/ LAN type/integrated GPU/soundcard etc) on a paper

connect to the internet and download the respective drivers

then go ahead installing winxp.

P.S I still havent found the sound drivers for my compaq laptop after downgrading from vista

@Rockfella : lolzzz........

disable sata option from bios nd then try...

or check the custom xp version with sata driver support and many more add-ons..u can setup the partitions in winxp setup itself....

still if u face any problem pm me.

I know that problem you just need to change your SATA settings from AHCi to IDE in your bios.

but to install vista or win7 change back to AHCi.

Thanks for the Solutions guys... Problem solved.. But there is some confusion..

I selected SATA Mode -> AHCI.. [ For Vista or 7 ]

Then i tried to install it.. on the place of partition..i tried to format pre-installed Linux.. but it didn't do that. and shown some error..i tried Ulimate And Bussiness..

but then i tried to install Vista Home V.. And it got installed..

Now here is the confusion.. why did it got installed,i other versions were fail to to.

Please Reply..

Lolz @ U :lol:

Sanjeet Arora said:
@Rockfella : lolzzz........
disable sata option from bios nd then try...

or check the custom xp version with sata driver support and many more add-ons..u can setup the partitions in winxp setup itself....

still if u face any problem pm me.
Thats why i suggested formatting with 7 as XP sometimes fails to delete the GRUB or some shit of linux! Now waste more time dealing with this :rofl:

ashishg said:
Thanks for the Solutions guys... Problem solved.. But there is some confusion..
I selected SATA Mode -> AHCI.. [ For Vista or 7 ]

Then i tried to install it.. on the place of partition..i tried to format pre-installed Linux.. but it didn't do that. and shown some error..i tried Ulimate And Bussiness..
but then i tried to install Vista Home V.. And it got installed..

Now here is the confusion.. why did it got installed,i other versions were fail to to.
Please Reply..

Back