Uncharted (PS4) - Discussion Thread

One thing I can say is it certainly looks like a console seller If they have not shown all the good parts in this video.

I am actually of the opposite opinion. I dont think the game actually is being made with the same spirit as the earlier ones.
This one is coming across as too high on action and the idea seems to be peppering the 'epic'/'awesome' moments around than Nathan's quest for relics.
Wont be surprised if it turns out that Sony pushed ND to get this game out so that ps4 doesnt loses its sheen.

The sam pursuit gameplay looks seriously like an overdose of action and button mashing exercise.

I am actually of the opposite opinion. I dont think the game actually is being made with the same spirit as the earlier ones.
This one is coming across as too high on action and the idea seems to be peppering the 'epic'/'awesome' moments around than Nathan's quest for relics.
Wont be surprised if it turns out that Sony pushed ND to get this game out so that ps4 doesnt loses its sheen.

The sam pursuit gameplay looks seriously like an overdose of action and button mashing exercise.
yes I know what you mean. The problem is there are not many action tps games like this one & mostly for the new consoles. Moreover I found the action sequences to be pretty okay for a TPS action game or uncharted fans.Moreover like I said before they are trying their best to sell their console.
The last of us team kicked in for the development of uc4 & all the eight months of work by Amy Hennig ( creative director & writer of previous uncharted series) was scrapped.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...er-amy-hennigs-departure.html#~phh10Ts9hMa4CM
Do you know they are planning to make TLoU2 which will be like spoiling a good game by unnecessarily stretching the story. What else can you make out from it?

Last edited:
What else can you make out from it?

That i wont be rushing to even rent a ps4 when these games come out ;)
$$ Saved!

The last of us team kicked in for the development of uc4 & all the eight months of work by Amy Hennig was scrapped.

Idiocy. Maybe that is the reason the game looks like to be made inside nitrous boost enabled mobile van.

the action sequences to be pretty okay for a TPS action game or uncharted fans

The earliest vids, where nathu goes rock climbing and shooting the enemies, that too looked a bit too ambitious, and the last one convinced me to go easy on this game.

Well from that action scene (I have seen more than once) only one thing bugged me that how that bulletproof truck/ van whatever it is managed to cross drakes jeep in almost every corner & that too so quickly. I think that was overdone & was somewhat irritating. Apart from that rest seemed okay.

Do you know they are planning to make TLoU2 which will be like spoiling a good game by unnecessarily stretching the story. What else can you make out from it?

The second game need not be about Joel and Ellie. There are plenty of survivors and it can be anyone. As long as the story and gameplay is as good as the predecessor I am interested.

I am fine with the Armored Van. It is a game afterall but what I don't like (minor gripe) Sully looks younger than earlier games. I hate it when they tweak models to make them look so different in the name of adding details. Elena nearly looked Asian in Uncharted 3. She looked perfect in Uncharted 2 then why change it?

The second game need not be about Joel and Ellie. There are plenty of survivors and it can be anyone. As long as the story and gameplay is as good as the predecessor I am interested.
Dude then what will be the difference between GTA, & this game. What I am trying to say is some movies and games should be left as they are. Using the same name and putting slightly different story does not works all the time. Look what happened to silent hill series after silent hill 3 it went down the hill.

Silent Hill is a bad example to use in this case especially considering Silent Hill 4 is considered by many to be the creepiest and scariest game in the franchise. The game also has a huge cult following.

Truth be told I would like to see other survival stories in the same universe may be a few guest appearances but let each game be it's own story.

I want this as much as I want to play as a young Sully alongside Marlow and learn more about Sully and Marlow, a game or games that precede Uncharted 2 and tell us more about Harry and Chloe, a game where we can see more of Cutter and introduced to newer characters.

In short what I am saying is neither of the game titles are named as Lara Croft or Indiana Jones or Ratchet & Clank where the titles are named after characters. So we can treat the titles like Uncharted and The Last of Us as game universes where characters co-exist just like Marvel or DC universe.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will be released on March 18, 2016, according to the PlayStation Blog.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08...nt page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Spotlight
special-720x405.jpg

Might pull the trigger on a Playstation 4 before that. I'm almost on the verge of it right now. Must resist and wait for a Christmas or Diwali deal.

1) The spl edition not coming to India. Bummer.

2) ND did some good stuff by including a cel shaded mode (among others) on the disc itself. No separate download.
Mode gets unlocked after game completion. Here is a gif for the same

The game is looking gorgeous.
Some screenies here for the different modes they have inbuilt.

3) Inclusion of maps w/o the need to get them via codes/dlc etc.. and for free!

Right off the bat, we want to highlight that all future maps and modes will be included with Uncharted 4 at no additional cost, and all vanity and gameplay in-game store items will be unlockable through gameplay!

This means that the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer community won’t be fragmented by different types of DLC, and that those who are loyal in participating in the community will be rewarded. Our DLC release approach will represent an entirely new direction for Naughty Dog, and we are confident it will have a hugely positive impact and keep the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer community thriving.

It was a long process to determine how all this should work. We went back and forth with how we wanted players to experience this, and we created a few core philosophies.

4) Good deal?

5)

I hope this game hits the bull's eye. :)

I know I might be the last one to realize this, but Nathan Drake might have got his name as ND also stands for Naughty Dogs (alias Nathan Drake)?

So now is the time to get a PS4 finally.
This was my plan too with little alteration when PS4 released. Either 1.5 years from the release of PS4 or when UC4 releases - whichever comes first. The former came first since UC4 got pushed back by large extent.

Back