Understanding "Trading" and what it means in the Private Bit-torrent World

SmilingCat

Disciple
Hai guys,I am a new member in TE and I joined here because I saw many from here joining trackers by the means of Trading.Trading is frowned upon in Bit-torrent world for many reasons(which I have stated later).As you all know in many trackers there are Country Bans and already India is banned in some places due to traders and cheaters.If this goes on,the people who actually like torrenting are the ones who are gonna suffer.By trading you are only going to get Global Banned from all trackers and if many get banned,trackers implement Country Bans.

Here is why Trackers Ban people for trading and cheating etc:

When we talk about trading by just brushing its surfaces,its seems like trading is an acceptable process.But why then is trading much hated? When we look back,Majority of those who get into a tracker by trading have shown themselves to be ratio cheaters,HnR and people with no respect to the certain tracker.There are also people who have traded and been good users but the percentage is very low.Since bad is the general outcome in most of the cases,trading is Banned.

Private trackers are formed to share files with quality and community in mind.Trading completely ruins the whole concept of what trackers envision.

Even if you are a good member,by joining tracker via Trading.You will Get Banned

If you have questions,Ill glady answer.But one thing I would like to ask is:

Why trade when you can get invites to trackers from from friends and give aways from invite forums?.Trading only will lead to global bans and spoil others when a county get banned.

Trading is Globally Banned and please dont trade if you want to be in private trackers

Yeap indeed Trading /cheating on sites for ur ratio aren't going to help u with anything.

The purpose we made this thread was to inform many new torrenters that trading is considered as bad thing in sites and doing it is not allowed by anysite.

So by trading if u can even get some low level easy to obtain sites u will never get in some good places becz u will be catch easily there and then prob suffer a Lot.

Best way is to just get few invites by a giveaway thread then make friends in those trackers by forums IRC ( best option ) so like that someone will invite u in other places and soon very easily u can obtain some of the good places too.

Remember don't just make friends to get invites ( It will be like USING ur friends).

Anyway this thread was an attempt from the fellow Indians of bt to make aware of all new and old torrenters from here so as to have a good reputation of india.

A Request to Site Staff if possible remove the sticky Trading thread, ofc i know it might be bring more hits to this forum which is the thing what forums look for, but trust me making a section just for giveaway and no trading will also bring u that much hits infact more.

i agree with all the above comments totally. trading is frowned upon in bt world and its high time such a good site like TE does something about it. :)

even if you look at posts there, newly joined will request for trade by giving demonoid and wanting for what or waffles. I mean what they understand of us!!

Most of the newbie will come on TE and ask for invites for XYZ tracker.

I would say

1) restrict the access to giveaway thread for the members having certain post counts or repp points.

2) And close this trading thread. When invites itself are free, why to ask something for it!

So automatically we will filter out those stupids.

Trading is for level chasing asswipes who never seem to venture beyond the WATW on FST. Get a life. Give invites for free coz you get em for free. ;)

As many of the members posted above are absolutely true.By trading we are restricting new members from India to join many trackers.(that's being bad).Getting into trackers is very easy,if u know the right place and right set of people.

AFAIK Indian's IP addresses are not allowed on

1) What.cd's Irc channel--->Best tracker for music.

2)SCC -->Being the best general 0-day tracker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If "WE" guys don't stop now.Soon many trackers will BAN Indian IP's (We guys won't like that).SO its upto you now.. PLZ guys DONT HURT the tracker system.

and if you want an invite.Be a good member on your existing tracker and someone will surely invite you. :) FACT!!

I think this thread should be stickied

THANKS!

Romania is being gloabally banned now in almost all trackers.If you continue trading its sad to say that new members are going to suffer because for you guys,it dosent matter because we have friends who trust us.But people who just got into p2p are going to suffer.

SmilingCat said:
Romania is being gloabally banned now in almost all trackers.If you continue trading its sad to say that new members are going to suffer because for you guys,it dosent matter because we have friends who trust us.But people who just got into p2p are going to suffer.

I was curious about this country ban as it sounds so draconian and found this

Waffles: Due to Romania being largely a cesspool of spam, viruses, phishing, and fraud, and phishing attempts, fraudulent donations, cheating, and the like from various Romanian IPs with zero action on the part of Romanian ISPs, Romania is hereby banned from Waffles. Please take care to not invite people if you know they’re in or from Romania. We will not take action against you, but may change tune in the future.
Why would they want ISPs to take action ?

The Waffles’ decision comes hot off the heels of a phishing scam which involved random PMs (personal messages) to other Waffles members:

Seems phishing is what did them in. Little further down is a country ban list, (given the article is a year old maybe this list is no longer applicable).

SCC: bans Israel, Poland, Egypt, Brazil and Romania (& probably even more).
Swedvdr: you need to be in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland (all other IPs are banned).
ScT: Poland and Israel
HDBits.org: Poland, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, China
Demonoid: bans Belgium
TorrentBytes: bans Israel
BCG: bans (parts of) Brazil
TorrentLeech: bans all or most of Israel (probably all).
BitMeTV: has banned Israel, some IP ranges in Brazil, Croatia, Poland and countless others.
India’s #1 Internet provider (BSNL) is banned by HDBits.org and many other trackers.

I guess the reasons to ban these countries is probably different ?

the comments below that article are even more interesting :)

Can anyone post a current list. i'd like to see if this concept of country ban actually stands up. Why ban a whole country when they can easily elliminate the problematic users.

Once there was this guy who contacted me through one my good friends and asked me for an IPT invite. I kept stalling as I didn't know this guy, but after my good friend insisted I finally gave an invite. Very next day I got a warning from IPT staff that that guy was caught using a ratio cheating software.

Lesson learned - never trust anyone whom you do not know personally.

When I confronted that guy that this is what you have done, guess what he said? "I use that software on Demonoid all the time,and I thought it would work on IPT as well."

I swear to God, I could have strangled him right there. Of course the icing on the cake was that he was "willing" to trade a Demonoid invite for my IPT invite.

add RevTT also in the list.

Banned India and some other countries as well.

Due to rampant abuses perpetrated by certain geographic locations Revolutiontt has been forced to exclude several countries from being members of the site.

With immediate effect existing users from the following regions will be exempt from receiving invites:-

Brazil

Egypt

India

Israel

Pakistan

Portugal

Romania

Saudi Arabia

Turkey

Also be aware that invites sent to persons within these areas will not work & they will not be able to complete the sign-up process.

Reason is very simple,

- they and other sites like these are getting significant flow of super idiots and cheaters as new users. some of those come via trading at various places obviously.

- Now they have to (and want to) run their sites on establishment of their sets of rules, don't they?

- Just imagine for example if 1 regd dealer gets a SINGLE -ve feedback, people buying from him would see that red color first only, instead of seeing 99 green colors. (Not comparing dealers here with anything at all, just an example)

- Well now the scene is different, many sites like what of p#p or P#N which are sitting on notch place, have started IRC interviews and/or Invite applications. Giveaways are not allowed even. So It is eventually becoming hard for those stupid n00bs to follow this procedure. There by decreasing the the count of stupids.

- More tracks will realize this and more will follow this procedure.

ONCE AGAIN my sincere request to close and delete trading thread.

blr_p said:
Can anyone post a current list. i'd like to see if this concept of country ban actually stands up. Why ban a whole country when they can easily elliminate the problematic users.

1000 times a tracker can forgive people from a specific country (or incase BSNL from India,because many people use BSNL and hence the majority of users) cheating,trading etc and hence ban individuals but if it is a never ending flow of cheaters then ? They ban the whole country or ISP

EDIT:

Nice going guys,revTT bans India ... next in line is TL and if TL bans India then all I can say to all the lame ****ers is **** OFF ASSHOLES for restricting access to other members as well

SmilingCat said:
1000 times a tracker can forgive people from a specific country (or incase BSNL from India,because many people use BSNL and hence the majority of users) cheating,trading etc and hence ban individuals but if it is a never ending flow of cheaters then ? They ban the whole country or ISP
How much work is it to ban a member for an admin ?

Point & click isn't it, no severance pay, labor laws, anti-discrimination laws etc to worry about. In fact it ought to be automated once certain criteria are set. One warning and then out and no recourse. Let machines handle this work, sites know who does what & how much, matter of creating formulas to handle it all.

I think country bans are ridiculous, and you ought to make the point in the respective fora. Its quite clear they cannot handle growth.

blr_p said:
How much work is it to ban a member for an admin ?

Point & click isn't it, no severance pay, labor laws, anti-discrimination laws etc to worry about. In fact it ought to be automated once certain criteria are set. One warning and then out and no recourse.

I think country bans are ridiculous, and you ought to make the point in the respective fora.

Private trackers are not the everyday unlimited number of members area like Demonoid.Many private trackers maintain low user base.When never ending flow of cheaters always keep on coming its the slot of many other worthy users they are taking.and its not as easy as you think,just clicking and banning individuals when it has to be done again and again and again when the bad seed keeps on destroying the peer ratio,selling/trading invites etc ...

Country bans are ridiculous? yes they are.But its not we running the trackers,its the people who run the trackers that set the rules.However ridiculous it maybe to keep a membership in a tracker we need to abide by the rules.IF you dont intend to,pls dont ruin it for others who are interested.

And it has been debated infinite times and the bottom line is the members follow the rules that trackers lay out.

IF you dont intend to,pls dont ruin it for others who are interested.
I hope you meant that in the 3rd person cos i ain't the one making the point for cheaters, you need to think of it in terms of growth.

And it has been debated infinite times and the bottom line is the members follow the rules that trackers lay out.
Do they have an automated system or not ? Doing this manually is not feasible. Keeping the user base small limits how fast these places can grow and consequently reduces the selection on offer.

You can harp on ad infinitum about cheaters but they will always join, there are better ways for sites to handle this than country bans and benefit at the same time for everyone.

this is serious guys. still time, stop trading. u would get an invite without trading also.

AND a humble request to TE's admins and mods. guys remove this trading thread.

blr_p said:
I hope you meant that in the 3rd person cos i ain't the one making the point for cheaters, you need to think of it in terms of growth.

Yea I meant it in 3rd person perspective

blr_p said:
Do they have an automated system or not ? Doing this manually is not feasible.

What kinda automated system are you talking about? every automated has its limitations and automated system are used in trackers only to detect ratio cheating.

How can a trader be automatically be caught? Cant be done

How can an Invite seller be automatically be caught? Cant be done

blr_p said:
Keeping the user base small limits how fast these places can grow and consequently reduces the selection on offer.

er...Tracker has various reasons for having small userbase.

Why join a community/tracker if you are not going to follow the rules in the 1st place?

Mostly country bans are implemented when more than 75% of users from a country / ISP are found repeatedly cheaters.Why would a tracker want to take the risk of having bad members if the statistics is this high?

SmilingCat said:
What kinda automated system are you talking about? every automated has its limitations and automated system are used in trackers only to detect ratio cheating.
and cant a warning then to be automatically sent out to the respective member, if it reoccurs they are gone. How much work did it take to do that now ?

Warning sent out to the person who invited the rogues..happens x times that member is also history.

SmilingCat said:
How can a trader be automatically be caught? Cant be done
How can an Invite seller be automatically be caught? Cant be done
Forget about these nobody can do anything about it.

SmilingCat said:
er...Tracker has various reasons for having small userbase.
Name them ?

SmilingCat said:
Why join a community/tracker if you are not going to follow the rules in the 1st place?
System enforces the rules, never mind the motivation to join.

SmilingCat said:
Mostly country bans are implemented when more than 75% of users from a country / ISP are found repeatedly cheaters.Why would a tracker want to take the risk of having bad members if the statistics is this high?
beause its taking away the 25% that were contributing and innocent or if they were nto banned locking out ppl that could contribute in the future.

In an automatic system, it wont matter how many cheat, they get taken care of... leaving the good behind.

Back